The Twelve Days (before) Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @fourathomej !!!! That sounds awesome :)
  • DananaNanas
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Day 6 of 12!! ✔️ halfway there!
    Today was much better. Only went over by 10 calories despite making nearly 8 dozen Christmas cookies! O_0
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    @fourathomej Wow, what a fantastic message. Happy Birthday (and from my perspective, more importantly) way to rock the challenge and get your food logged.

I had a weekend of a lot of activity, and a lot of poor food choices. I am very happy to be logging though, for me that is the key to start making more healthy shifts in what I eat.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,289 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Day 6 - went ok...upset stomach last night...just too much junk...didn't eat a lot of any one thing but the bits of everything sure did a number on me...lol...well deserved...

@DananaNanas way to go...I've been horrible lately...somedays I'll log my snacks and then my meals...I'm just blaming ot on being December...

@mfpchris Thank you...and weekends seem to be my downfall too!!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    So the newbie @Zoey__Jane is hanging in there. Good for you. 6 more days of logging and then Christmas.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Day 7 of 12 ✔️

It’s been a real eye opener looking at my weekly total from last week. It usually doesn’t mean much to me since I don’t log regularly on the weekends. Guess this is why I’m not losing weight :/

• fourathomej
    Options
    Lol...funny how those weekends get us...

Day 7...not a great one. Ended up working till 4:30...which meant I fasted for 21 hours....I do follow IF but honestly haye going over my 16 hour mark...anyways we started our Christmas baking today...am really going to have to mindful this week...I also have to wprk 6 days...Grrrrr
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    I completed day 8 of 12 but forgot to post here. Though I guess that isn't necessarily the challenge? lol I was over on calories due to office Christmas party but not too bad....
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Yup, like most super tough and gratifying challenges, they happen within.....but I'm still keeping an eye on you @DananaNanas

B)
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Day 9/12 ✔️ under on calories but too much sugar
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    I had a whole bunch more but as usual the app ate it. Mainly me whining about not wanting the holidays to be over because I finally get a small break but also wanting to get back to normal!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday as well...

Day 8 and 9 done!! I actually hate December...just want it over!!!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    Day 10...another long one at work...I will be so happy when Dec is done!!!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Yup, I've always been a big fan of New Years day because that signals it is over and I can get on with things.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Day 10 in the books! All I ate was chinese food and christmas cookies soooooooo not exactly a win lol

I'm looking forward to 2018 too. 2017 was great but I'm ready for life to get back to normal. I don't want to wish the holidays away because I do think they're so great but it's not great when you attach your self-worth to your weight.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Day 11/12 ✔️ another not pretty one but the challenge wasn’t to meet your calorie goal every day... lol

I’m certain I’m doing better than I would’ve been without this challenge! There’s no way I would’ve been keeping up with my logging accurately all the way up to Christmas so thank you @mfpchris for thinking of and starting this :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Great @DananaNanas I logged nine days without getting under goal. I guess now I know how long it takes for me to get a clue. :) I went under goal on Day 10, and then again on Day 11. Three in a row anyone?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    mfp2chris wrote: »
    Great @DananaNanas I logged nine days without getting under goal. I guess now I know how long it takes for me to get a clue. :) I went under goal on Day 10, and then again on Day 11. Three in a row anyone?

Shoot, I was thinking it is Christmas Eve....we have two more days of logging. Make that 'under goal on Day 9, and then again on Day 10'
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    I think today is the last day? Unless my counting got off somewhere lol
  • joanrollier
    joanrollier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log my food everyday anyway, have done since January, it keeps me honest, and as someone else mentioned often at the end of the day, I have calories left over. I get to treat myself, and usually I choose popcorn or dark chocolate. Not bad for being on a diet. I have lost 63 lbs as of today, my goal is 70 lbs. Pretty excited, but a little afraid I won't be able to maintain, as I don't know how. Merry Christmas to all!