Just moved..kinda bored..so Instead of eating, I’m walking

Options
Just moved and a bit lonely which means I’m bored. So when I start feeling sad or bored, instead of eating or plopping on the couch (which I can do very well), I have made a commitment to get up and move. Walk or window shop...anything to not feel so alone. I purchased a Garmin and shiny new sketchers yesterday, so I believe I mean business. This post may be my attempt at accountability...either way, I’m looking forward to getting healthier. Good luck to everyone!!!

Replies

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good plan! And who knows, when you are out walking & getting familiar with your new place you might even meet a few people! Adding movement is always a winner in my mind.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you moved to someplace with good walkability and decent weather.
  • Hanna10679
    Hanna10679 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep moving! I know when you move to a new area it's hard to resist just sitting down and relaxing in your new, and unknown town, but keep moving. It'll get you out and about and you might just make some new friends.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Might help to scope out a few free trials at local gyms too. You might find one that has a good vibe, and some decent classes, and make some new friends in the process.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too! I’m sure you’ll get to know other people in no time.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I moved to a new city, and searched on Meetup.com for groups of people with interests similar to mine. I found a cool group of women who go hiking on different trails once a week, so now I know people and new trails to explore. My local running store has a weekly running program that's free, lead by an experienced runner, and accepts beginners and intermediate runners.
  • EWallss
    EWallss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!! You're gonna do great!!! You got this!! :) Feel free to add me to keep each other motivated!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to get familiar with a new area!