Poll: Your Christmas Plan.

Options

Replies

• bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    1/2 of A - I will enjoy myself
    B - I plan on eating at maintenance for the next week
    C - I will log it all, the days I hit my goal and the days I go 1000s cals over
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I plan on using all 3, except I will still enjoy myself. Track my food doesn't stop me from having a good time. What's important is the special time spent with my family, creating wonderful memories. Food and drink will be included, but it won't be the centre of my attention.

In addition I'll continue to calorie cycle, watching my average calorie intake, over the week, rather daily. I'll save calories for things I really love. Balance heavier meals, with some lighter ones. It's all about balance and adjusting my intake to suit me. I'll log as accurately as possible, but also estimate in some situations. Aiming for close to maintenance calories over the next fortnight. Having a target calorie range of 1,700 up to 2,000 calories per day, as it's a special occasion. But if I go over, it won't bother me. Tracking at/after each meal does help me to cap excess calorie intake and not eat mindlessly. This will also keep my 625 day unbroken streak, of accurate daily logging. It will also provide accurate data for me, to analyse in the future. But should one or two days go above this target, it won't bother me.

I'll use Christmas as a planned diet break, then in the New Year, I will continue as planned. Cutting calories once again, to have a calorie deficit, aiming to lose my final 0.5lb, to reach my goal.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't expect to log everything Christmas day. Don't worry, I won't be under-eating.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My plan is portion control.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    C. I am tracking and enjoying the meals. Two Christmas lunches down; one lunch and two dinners remaining✨
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    A. enjoy yourself and forget tracking
    B. Eat maintenance
    C. Track like any other day
    D. If none of these, then what?

I will do c. But allow myself some extra calories on 12/24-26 and 1/1 if I want them.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    D. We celebrate Yule/Winter Solstice in our house and have already had our holiday meals.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    A. enjoy yourself and forget tracking
    B. Eat maintenance
    C. Track like any other day
    D. If none of these, then what?

My answer is C.

Even if I do something stupid, I want to have a record of it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    C. It's just like any other day to me.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Track and log calories, aim for maintenance through New Years Day.
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Trying for B - Eat maintenance
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    D)
    I quit tracking on about December 15th and probably won't start again until mid-January.
    I'm not going crazy with the eating, but I have added a few extra Christmas treats into my day.
    I am exercising a bit more.
  • chairmanmiaoworiginal1989
    Options
    W
    Enjoy myself but track.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    A. I don't track anyways. And eat at surplus because that is my goal atm. But despite all the dinners, by the end of the week I usually end up eating a lot less to even it out
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    C. I’m tracking and focusing on my weekly average. I’m banking extra calories for the special treats. Yesterday I was under goal by 500-600 cals as a result of a double workout and our girls night out dinner was sashimi so pretty low cal. Today I was 300-400 over after a huge holiday brunch then skipping my workout to get my nails done with my step daughter. It’s 7pm and I’m still full from brunch so skipping dinner. The two days together pretty much balance out. This is what I do around all holidays and special occasions