My family hates me

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Next time, they do something like that just tell them they look lovely, then sit down and enjoy a bowl of fresh berries you brought for yourself. And have a bite of the donut and go for a walk. Take any family members willing to go with you and use that time to catch up with them.

It's a sorry situation if one bite of a doughnut makes you need to go for a walk...

I dunno i read it more as someone like me who once i get a taste the entire box would be inhaled. In which case yes it may be sad but its empowering and beneficial to then go take a walk to walk away from the food until control returns :p

I totally agree on both points.
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Take a relatively controlled diet break during the Holidays? I mean, one week of over-eating isn't going to undo everything you've done prior in the year or stop you from taking care of yourself after the new year.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Probably a good thing you're not a fly on my Christmas wall and it's all my own doing as I don't have family!

:'( Nooo!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Send them to me then. I'll eat them! Heck, I just baked a cherry pie and an apple pie for today and tomorrow and I better believe I am going to eat some of it.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Ooh....glazed chocolate cake donut... I’ll take that one, please.

Yesssss....cake donuts are where it's at. You can keep the poofy air-filled ones.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sksk1026 wrote: »
    Doughnuts have no power over me. Now, if that had been a cheese platter... faceplant!

That's ok though, it's not Christmas without a cheese board!! :bigsmile:
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Went to visit family and they sent us home with Uncle Cotton's almost famous rum cake! Haven't cut into it yet. I've got flu and p'monia now and can't taste much. The cake is safe from me. For now. And so are the chocolate covered gingerbread cookies my friend gave me. And the chocolate covered coffee beans my other friend gave me....Gee, I think my friends and family must hate me, too. :smiley:
  • tarragon_2
    tarragon_2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agggg! Have you resisted?
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Growing up, my mother would always buy us candy/cakes/ice cream... then the next day would say, you need to lose weight..... I work retail, yesterday, we had 3 different customers bring in full boxes of donuts from Dunkin Donuts, I did great till my boss opened the box in front of me and I SMELLED the donuts... I broke down and ate one, but only one...
  • tamiarob
    tamiarob Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    tamiarob wrote: »
    tarragon_2 wrote: »
    Agggg! Have you resisted?
    yes. I just decided to make me cinnamon baked apples instead with Splenda as sugar. And they are just as delicious hahah

Really? :huh:

Lol yes. What’s wrong