Poll: Your Christmas Plan.

Replies

• eastsiderapids
    eastsiderapids Posts: 12 Member
    C. I treat it as any other day.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    I am going with B. After the holidays I will drop back down.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    C
    we are having normal meals

Excellent. I really don't see the need for all this fuss of eating different on one day.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    As much as possible, my strategy in all things Christmas is to ignore it altogether.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I'll eat what I want but log it. I don't go overboard at the holidays, but I am not going to feel guilty if I eat a piece of chocolate or a piece of pie. I've started marathon training, so I know I'll burn it all off over the next few months.
  • leeanneedith
    leeanneedith Posts: 13 Member
    A - I was thinking about this, and really, dinners like Christmas dinner only happen so often. I am not going to stress myself out over it, but I also won't go way overboard either. Realistically, everything is higher calorie at Christmas, haha ... even wine is high calorie.
    I also don't want to stress others out by logging food. Everyone is self-conscious around the holidays.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    B

Doing official diet break after 154 days on 25% calorie deficit in a row

14 days
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I wasn't planning to spend over 3 hours on a treadmill today, but my pants were tight this morning.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    C
    I never stop tracking, even if I’m eating at or above maintenance. Logging it, owning it, and moving on is my key to success
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Came in about 1,000 over maintenance, but walked 10 miles this morning. Hoping it’ll be a wash. The cookies were ridiculously good.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I wasn't planning to spend over 3 hours on a treadmill today, but my pants were tight this morning.

Wrong size pants!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I'm eating at maintenance and tracking mainly carbs for the sake of watching my blood sugar (diabetic), I won't worry if my portions of meats and fats are too big. Also Christmas Eve and Christmas are planned rest days, and I did an extra long workout on the day before.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    B and C. I’m tracking, but eating pretty much what I want, within reason.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Tracking into the red. But soon the persimmon pudding and eggnog will be gone and it'll be back to normal.
  • MindfulDecision
    MindfulDecision Posts: 42 Member
    A for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. I will be disciplined the rest of the time (500 calorie deficit). Rough calculations tells me I ate 200-300 over maintenance today.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Its xmas day in the uk. Had a few nuts and choccies last night with wine but wasnt too much over my usual 2000 calories as it was off set with 2 walks. Ive already walked the dog and plan another 1 hour walk but i will be enjoying my lunch and not skimping too much today, after my woosh 2 lbs of water weight have gone on, its not fat as once i would have thought because i know for a fact ive never pigged out.so im learning !!

Im still on track, just a wee bit huffed about those 2lbs , but overall 18lbs down .8 to go
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    A..definitely A
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2017
    First of all, Merry Christmas! I'm going to try for B. It'll be starting for me with gourmetting tonight (as in the meal where you all sit around a table with lots of small food on the table and a stone grill in the middle, where you prepare whatever you want on). Going to try to use portion control to keep to maintenance. Tomorrow is a full day of festivities and it'll be harder to not overeat. I love Christmas though, so I'm not going to stress over it all. The 27th it's back to business as usual.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I always do A for major holidays. I take the day off from logging. No big deal.