Trust in the process, the results will follow

Options
2»

Replies

• Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind I'm going to bump up this post so more people can see it. Couldn't have put it better myself, everyone should read this!
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I needed to read this
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I did too!
  • jesser40
    jesser40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks what inspiring words!! I'm new here and just enjoying reading all of this!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    this is great! thank you
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful- just what I needed to hear- after a small gain(with the holidays here) and feeling bad about myself- yes it is a small gain- but I WILL keep going and continue to lose the weight- I trust in the process(longterm)
  • RubinaKochar
    RubinaKochar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should make it a morning ritual to reread this!
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is what I've been telling myself for the last few weeks when the scale was not reflecting my calorie deficit, sooner or later my results will show, just trust in the process and keep going
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Runagain_4 wrote: »
    I'm only a third of the way to my ultimate goal, and I may never reach it. But I'm still proof that little changes can make a big difference over time. I'm a third of the way closer than I was just over 2 months ago. I'm healthier, more energetic, and way more positive than I was then too. And every day I find myself trusting more and more in the process.
    Give yourself more than just a number on the scale. Give yourself more time than ''immediately, right now!'' to get slimmer and healthier and more positive. Give yourself a chance. You won't get there in a day, but you'll get better and better on the way there :smiley:

Just thought I'd check in since it's been quite a while since I wrote the original post. It's always nice to catch up on a ''success story''.
    My perception of success is probably a lot different than a lot of people's at this point in time. My success doesn't involve having reached goal weight. Yet.
    My success involves still being here, still determined to reach goal. I'm a bit closer than when I originally posted, about 2/5 of the way, not quite halfway to goal. I've averaged a 0.1 lb/week weight loss over the last two and a half years. Infinitesimally small loss by most accounts. But I'm still here. I'm still determined. Here's what happened:
    After the initial post, I lost progressively for a few more months. I stayed on track, I stayed focused. No sooner would I gain than it would come off. I was well on my way to goal, about 2/3 of the way there.
    I went on six vacations in a 12-month period. I did extremely well exercise-wise on all six. I failed diet-wise on the sixth. I forgot to log after over almost a full year of consistently logging. I didn't lose the few lbs I'd gained once I got back from vacation. I didn't go back to logging consistently or weighing in regularly.
    Things didn't slide too badly though.
    Then I went on vacation in October 2016 and woke up one morning with 3 herniated cervical discs (out of nowhere). I was in agony. I couldn't lie down, couldn't sit. I could stand, but every step jarred. After an agonizing 12-hour trip home, it took me 3 weeks to recover to the point where I could go back to work. Sleeping continued to be sporadic. Walking was a chore. My doctor advised not to do any exercise or physically strenuous activity for at least 3 months. I got depressed. I gave in to emotional eating. I went back to Pilates eventually, but I kept on eating.
    Within 11 months, I realized my weight had crept right back up to where it had been when I started. But I was determined not to beat my highest weight.
    I pulled up my big girl pants and started logging again. I got serious about walking and Pilates again. I started watching what I put into my body. And the weight started going down again. Not fast, but in the right direction.
    Then, about a month ago, I found out I am pre-diabetic. This was shocking, because while I'm still above the weight I'd like to be, my BMI is 23, on the upper end of the normal range. This brought about a few more dietary changes, and the elimination of most of my beloved carbs; surprisingly, I'm not craving them, and I'm actually feeling a lot better these days. Because of these restrictions, I now log on a carb manager app more than on MFP (because I'm too lazy to log on both sites), but I log every single day.
    I am still focused on the goal. I am still working on it every day. My success may quite possibly never be measured in a number. But I am still here. 0.1 lb/week lighter on average than when I last wrote. Almost halfway to goal.
    I am still here. And so are you.
    And that's what really counts.
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your pain and the difficult time that followed. Best wishes!!