Eating At Maintenance For The Holidays

Options
Is it a good idea to eat at maintenance during the holidays & also watching your progress. I have not had a break eating at maintenance for 12 months.
I’m open for discussions.

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh heavens yes. I’ve been eating over maintenance even a couple of days. I’m not worried about it at all. I’m accurately logging, I’ll see a wee increase in the scale, and I’ll get back to it on the 26th. Gaining a pound or two will take me 1 week to lose. It’s a drop in the hat when you look at the big picture.
    We made Santa cookies and dang it I ate like 6 of them. I’m not sweating it...
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Read the Of Refeeds and Diet Breaks thread
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    I'm eating at maintenance right now. Unfortunately, I'm eating at maintenance for someone 200 pounds more and 6" taller than me.

yeah ill easily hit the calories of someone twice my size and atleast a foot taller and probably a muscled male in the next 3 days. Yum though...
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Is it a good idea to eat at maintenance during the holidays & also watching your progress. I have not had a break eating at maintenance for 12 months.
    I’m open for discussions.

Eating at maintenance for a diet break is a good idea, no matter if it's the holidays or not. Of course, if you ate that entire box of Krispy Kreme donuts thinking it was only 190 calories, you're probably not at maintenance for that day.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Doing the same... I have logged in Christmas dinner and some wine in advance and allowing myself to go 500 cals over maintenance today.... will scale back a bit on Boxing Day and then back to, relative, normal on 27th. Visiting lots of friends and family and meeting them in pubs so white wine spritzers , fish courses and salads will get me through this “terrible time”! Merry Christmas everyone
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    MossiO wrote: »
    I'm eating at maintenance right now. Unfortunately, I'm eating at maintenance for someone 200 pounds more and 6" taller than me.

yeah ill easily hit the calories of someone twice my size and atleast a foot taller and probably a muscled male in the next 3 days. Yum though...

How do you think I feel? I'm twice your size and eating for someone twice my size :)
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If it works for you sounds good!!
  • rvaugh07
    rvaugh07 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I ate closer to maintenance for thanksgiving and have the last few days, i will pick back up with the deficit after we start the new year and hubby goes back to work. It's too hard to control what all I'm eating when he does the cooking and adds so much extra to everything he makes. If I gain a few pounds in the week I'll lose it all pretty quickly too so I'm not worried and just enjoying the break.