Hello

Options
Hello:

My name is Roni. I have decided to joint myfitnesspal to see if I can stay with my diet. I would like to lose about 15 pounds and thought that if joined this program it might give me more incentive to stick with the program. I am married with two little girls. I work full time in a law firm so I sit a lot. I drive 40 miles each way to work. I do try to walk 30 minutes a day with my mother during my lunch hour at least four times a week. My other problem is that I have very picky eaters in my family. I try to cook what my family will eat. (kid friendly meals). Since the birth of my second child I seem to have more of a sweet tooth. I also drink a lot of Diet Pepsi. With today being Ash Wednesday I have decided to try to give up Diet Pepsi and snacking on the wrong foods. I would like to hear from you if you have any good ideas and advice. Keep my in your thoughts and I will do the same.

Roni

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Roni,

Welcome to myfitnesspal. I can sympathize with you because I too try to cook what my family likes and it isn't always the healthiest food. I also have a sweet tooth. My soda choice is Diet Dew, but I can't give it up completely. I compensate by allowing myself 2 cans per day, as long as I also get my 8 cups of water too. I am also using Lent to work a little harder. I have found that just recording everything I eat helps tremendously. Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress. A good thing to do is read some of the past posts. They help to motivate. Remember, we are in this together.

Kathy
  • jremory
    jremory Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anything with artificial sweeteners can cause sugar cravings.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    jremory wrote: »
    Anything with artificial sweeteners can cause sugar cravings.

What were you search parameters to find this old post? It's 11 years old.