Gained 30 lbs in the last theee months

Options
Gained 30 lbs in the last theee months after losing 100 last year with 70 more to go
Depressed mad lost

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Me too. Back to work.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    To help get back on the bike, I read diet books
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Be proud of the 70lbs you're still down. Many put back on more than they lost, sounds like you're doing okay to me. And you're on the forum, posting here is a positive step. As Dory and Nemo once said - "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? we swim!"
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Another someone who fell off the wagon. Was down 70 and gained 15 back since Halloween. Back at it - a pound at a time, a step at a time.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Me too, but all you can do is march on!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you do not dwell on the gain and go back to what you were doing to lose the 100. I have lost and maintained a 200 lb loss over the last 3 years. I have gone on vacation for a week and gained 10-15 lbs and recently I gained about 10 lbs during thanksgiving. The weight will come off. It wont come off as quickly as you gained it, but I guarantee if you get back to what worked for you before that it will come off.
    I weigh myself faithfully every Monday, so I know when I have gained weight. I have about a 10-20 lb range that I do not want to go over. If I see myself getting to close to the top range, then I know that it is time to get it together. Whatever you do, DO NOT give up on yourself. Forgive yourself for allowing it to happen and then get right back in the saddle. That is what I have learned. Stay positive, even when you do not feel it. You can do it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Time to get back on track. You did it before, you will do it again.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    teachhist wrote: »
    Gained 30 lbs in the last theee months after losing 100 last year with 70 more to go
    Depressed mad lost

I'd suggest asking yourself what was it about your plan that caused you to stop for 3 months. And when starting back I'd make tweaks to the plan to try to avoid a similar situation in the future.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    teachhist wrote: »
    Depressed mad lost

thats a really large weight gain in a short amount of time. I would suggest a visit to your physician to rule out anything other than overeating.

in the meantime, get back to logging and weighing your food.
  • DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Can you give us some insight as to what happened? That way we can better support you.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 and then regained 35. All we can do is keep trying. We did it once before, we can do it again.