Vegas food

13»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I agree that In N Out is overrated. I grew up in Southern California, and it's just a normal burger place. If you want to try it just for the novelty idea, fine, but don't waste a whole meal there. Go for a snack and get a cheeseburger (like 300ish cals) and split a fry with someone. You'll get to taste it and still leave room for actually good stuff.

According to their website, a cheeseburger is 480 kcals (400 if you substitute mustard and ketchup for "spread") and half of an order of fries is just shy of 200 kcals. I'm thinking for most people 680 kcals -- or even 600 kcals --
    is not a "snack."
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Ice pan! It’s the best ice cream I’ve ever had in my life. They literally make the ice cream in front of you - like what kind of milk do you want me to freeze into ice cream on my sub-zero ice plate while you watch? What fruits do you want smashed in? It’s amazing! If I recall, it’s at Harrahs near the tram stop entrance.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited December 2017
    jedibeau82 wrote: »
    3 burger joints that we don't have in Canada, In&Out Burger, Wahlburgers and Shake Shack. I love burgers.

First time I had an In & Out burger, it blew my mind. But that was 30 years ago, and the world has moved on. When you can burgers served on handmade brioche buns and laced with foie gras, a place like I&O seems pretty ordinary. Ditto for 5G, Shake Shack, etc. If you want a genuine burger experience in Vegas, go find a place called "Truffles n Bacon".

Vegas has tons of really fantastic food....Honey Salt, Andiron (same owners), Bazaar Meat (foie gras cotton candy, WTH!), Carnevino, Lotus of Siam, Hakkasan, Omelet House, Harvest, Flock and Fowl, Osaka, Echo & Rig, Portofino, Raku...really, the list goes on and on. You can't have that many zillionaires cycling through the town without having a lot of legit top flight food options! :smile:
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I agree that In N Out is overrated. I grew up in Southern California, and it's just a normal burger place. If you want to try it just for the novelty idea, fine, but don't waste a whole meal there. Go for a snack and get a cheeseburger (like 300ish cals) and split a fry with someone. You'll get to taste it and still leave room for actually good stuff.

According to their website, a cheeseburger is 480 kcals (400 if you substitute mustard and ketchup for "spread") and half of an order of fries is just shy of 200 kcals. I'm thinking for most people 680 kcals -- or even 600 kcals --
    is not a "snack."

Oops, had a typo in that post. Meant split the cheeseburger and the fry. Also, just because someone orders something, doesn't mean they have to eat it all! IMO, their fries are garbage, so you'll eat a couple and toss the rest.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Been to Vegas 15 times and we eat our way through ha ha. Some faves, these have a wide variety LOL!

In n Out: Double Double with animal style fries!
    Secret Pizza at Cosmopolitan
    Wicked Spoon
    Peppermill for breakfast (the Fireside Lounge is cool at night too)
    Bouchon at Venetian
    Joel Robuchon ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
    Dirt Dog (behind Walhburgers in front of Bally): Elote dog is amazeballs
    Stripburger (on the corner at Fashion Show Mall across from the Wynn)
    Mon Ami Gabi
    Casa di Amore (fun Italian place but a little off strip)
    Yardbird at Venetian
    Earl of Sandwich (Planet Hollywood)
    Olives
    Carnevino
    Sushisamba
    Hugo's Cellar (Downtown, at 4 Queens on Fremont)
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    whats the saying? what happens in vegas.... stays there? ha!, we got good burger joints in Canada, but I think we make the best on our own bbq, does vegas not have any gourmet food,? your going to vegas to eat burgers? well, I bet I am pretty close to wherever you are in Canada, bring your wife. you will have more fun here then in vegas! My husband does the most amazing burgers!

Vegas has quite a bit of gourmet food, but they are expensive of course. Guy Savoy, Joel Robuchon, Twist, Le Cirque, Picasso, etc.
  • WatchitBeginAgain
    WatchitBeginAgain Posts: 41 Member
    Vegan Chik'n and Waffles at the Wynn - it was amazing!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    wanzik wrote: »
    Stay close to a restroom.... every time I eat something there... especially buffets...

Just keep this in mind. ;)

You must be eating the wrong items :wink:
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    boehle wrote: »
    wanzik wrote: »
    Stay close to a restroom.... every time I eat something there... especially buffets...

Just keep this in mind. ;)

You must be eating the wrong items :wink:

That's for sure!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I was able to make it to Wicked Spoon. The food was very very good. Good recommendation!