Hair dye and exercise

Options
So I've just had some pink put through my blonde hair but not too sure if I can exercise without the swear effecting it? It is only a demi permanent dye so lasts about 12 washes but I want to try and prolong it as much as I can. Will it be a bad idea to exercise today and tomorrow before Christmas? Or am I best just exercising and not washing my hair afterwards or not exercising at all?

Replies

• Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ponytail it or braid it, then pin it up. No reason to stop. All demi-permanent bleeds, even on "the last wash.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Lol. Don’t skip working out for fear of hair dye complications.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just don't want it to fade faster. Going to exercise and tie my hair up as normal as the dye is only half way down my head and just dry shampoo and dry any wet bits until I wash it properly tomorrow :)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I rinse with icy cold water after workouts and only shampoo my dyed hair about twice a week. My funky colours last about 6 weeks this way. The sweat doesn't make it fade faster, but can make it bleed into clothing if I'm not careful.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo. It's at least good for immediate post-workouts, and it shouldn't affect the color.

I have blue streaks in my hair (well, today they're going to purple), and haven't noticed any effects from workouts.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I sweat out my red dye, it doesn't bother me. I just avoid wearing white.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Use cool water and alternate washing with just rinsing through. You may also want to get a gentler shampoo or one designed for coloured hair, same with conditioner.

If this is your first wash after colouring it will lose a little intensity, my magenta does.

I like the idea of dry shampoo, I never thought of getting some. Thanks.

Cheers, h.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Well which is the priority FOR YOU?

Seems to me the options would be:

* Exercise hard and accept the hair color may be less than stellar. Be prepared.
    * Exercise hard and re-dye?
    * Exercise less sweaty by going less intense or different workout.
    * Exercise not at all
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i had pink hair for years, then bright red. it's going to bleed, it's going to fade, and by 12 washes it was always much lighter than when i started. i used manic panic, btw.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    dry shampoo post workout, and I only wash my hair 2x a week with color safe shampoo.
    I havne't noticed any color bleeding from workouts, but dry shampoo is awesome - after a workout I just wash off with a washcloth and use the dry shampoo, saves me alot of time and trouble.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I work out intensely 6 days a week and wash my hair twice a week. Dry shampoo is my friend
  • shortlilmeg
    shortlilmeg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hair stylist here! Pink is going to fade regardless so I would get too caught up in it. Now sweat has salt in it, which can make it fade faster! But, If you just tie it up, and don't let it directly touch your skin, you'll be fine. Recommend washing with cool water and a sulfate-free color safe shampoo! You'll be fine. That's the joy of fashion colors, they fade. haha