1200 calorie successes?

Options
Did anyone start off at 1200 calories to lose? How much did you lose? How long did it take?

Replies

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I started on mfp and 1200 kcal a day the first of June, then had a 4 month period of maintenance starting in August and then started weightloss again at the end of November. I started at 159 lbs and have lost 17 lbs so far :) I usually do eat some my workout calories back, so tend to eat around 1300 kcal a day. I do free weights about 3x a week (at a beginner level, sticking to 17.6 lbs for most exercises), pilates 3x a week and running once a week, all around 30-45 minutes.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and ate at 1200 from March until I hit my goal weight in September, about 32 lbs. I usually ate back a portion of my exercise calories.
  • getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1200 is doable for a low energy day or two. I shoot for a 1000 calorie deficit a day, some higher, some lower. Thats 7000 calories a week or two pounds. I dont think I'd be able to do 1200 everyday.
  • Tprez12
    Tprez12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical when MFP recommended 1100 calories to me. I’m 5’7”. SW was 180 and I’m down to 150. Want to hit about 135. Regardless, it seemed low to me. I consulted my doctor and he helped me find a multivitamin to help with any nutritional vitamins I may miss due to such a low calorie intake. But overall, he was on board as long as I hit my fat and protein macros. To my amazement, I am eating between 1100 and 1300 and do not feel hungry - especially when I’m hitting those macros. I also exercise 3 or 4 times a week, and try to eat my calories back.

The first 15 pounds came off easily. A little less than 2 months. The remaining 15 were harder to come by. It’s been about 5 months. Hoping by April to lose the remaining 15.

Great Job!!! What are your macros?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!