Rules of a Successful Husband

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
Here's a couple of mine.

You planning on sending flowers? Don't send them on a special day. Just send them arbitrarily. Send them to her work. Her co-workers will follow the delivery person to her office, ask why she is getting flowers on a Wednesday and then talk you up.

Don't leave the house without a kiss and an "I Love You."

Take the extra step to open the door for her. Pull out her chair.

Treat her well in front of friends and family. They will tell her how lucky she is and you can just take the "Aw Shucks" approach.

I've got many more, but I want to hear yours. Let's face it, guys, most women are better partners than most men. When you find the ONE, put some work into it.

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Instead of sending the flowers, deliver them yourself. :smile:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    When she talks, don't just space out and nod your head...ACTUALY listen and contribute to the conversation
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Say "thank you" once in a while for all she does for you and the family.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    How about : Do the dishes once in a while. That's more romantic than any flowers
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    When she talks, don't just space out and nod your head...ACTUALY listen and contribute to the conversation

Girl, that's what God made bewbs for. If you flash every 3 mins you can keep a man focused for a while.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Instead of sending the flowers, deliver them yourself. :smile:

I do. Often, but I truly believe that the feedback she receives from her friends outweighs the personal delivery.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    How about : Do the dishes once in a while. That's more romantic than any flowers

I do 99% of the cooking and the dishes afterwards.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband gets up early with the kids so I can sleep in, we trade off so each other can get some extra sleep. He also cooks and cleans. I have a great husband.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

What? ;)
  • BobPulaski
    BobPulaski Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is husbandry 101. If bros DON'T do these things they are remedial/weak/beta husbands. More advanced tactics include adapting to her many moods that can spring up out of nowhere for no rational reason and coming out on the other end unscathed.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    What if the woman hates flowers?
  • BobPulaski
    Options
    What if the woman hates flowers?

A good husband/partner would know what she likes, obv :-D
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Here's a couple of mine.

You planning on sending flowers? Don't send them on a special day. Just send them arbitrarily. Send them to her work. Her co-workers will follow the delivery person to her office, ask why she is getting flowers on a Wednesday and then talk you up.
    Mine called and asked "Now what did you do or want"

Again, I pulled out her chair and she get's all mad and complains about how hard the floor was when hit it. No bonus points for having someone tape it and make money from America's funniest home videos.

So no offense but after these 2 failed attempts, I am not trying the others...just sayin'
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    My husband gets up early with the kids so I can sleep in, we trade off so each other can get some extra sleep. He also cooks and cleans. I have a great husband.

So do I..and he doesn't have to get me flowers
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Pull out her chair.
    quote]

Warn her first.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    This is a sweet post, but it feels imbalanced without a few rules for successful wives.

1. Love him. Most men feel love in the form of physical touch or acts of service, so bake that man an apple pie and then love on him like you aren't just trying to get through it so you can get back to watching Grey's.

2. Trust him. He doesn't have to earn it, just trust him from the start.

3. Don't nag the guy like he's your kid. And don't scold him, especially in front of other people. That *kitten* is the worst.

4. Respect the man cave.

5. He's got interests outside of you and your family. Let him do his own thing without trying to guilt him.

I see you get it. You have some of the same special qualities as my wife. These are the reasons I want to treat my wife as I do. My wife supports me 100% and I do no less for her.
  • BobPulaski
    Options
    Another good one is to know when she needs a good schtupping vs. "making love."
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of mine.

Don't leave the house without a kiss and an "I Love You."

Treat her well in front of friends and family. They will tell her how lucky she is and you can just take the "Aw Shucks" approach.

I've got many more, but I want to hear yours. Let's face it, guys, most women are better partners than most men. When you find the ONE, put some work into it.

You sir, are one of the good ones.