What should I focus on at this moment in my journey

Options
Hello,
I weigh 332 pounds and want to know what should I focus on for weight loss? Should I do ab workouts at this point or should I wait? Should I do a mixture of workouts? So far I do cardio and resistance

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Keep doing cardio and resistance and keep eating in a deficit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Get a calorie goal from MFP. Focus on logging accurately and consistently hit that calorie goal.

The calorie deficit is what will create your weight loss.

Workouts are great for fitness. Working your abs is a great part of an overall resistance training program. Do you have a program you're using for resistance training right now?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think at this point you should focus on eating less. Have you plugged all your info into MyFitnessPal to get a calorie goal? Start off by reading the stickies and learning how to log your food.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You should focus on getting your food intake in check. Set up your account to weight loss (pick max speed for now), get your calorie target, log your food intake accurately and honestly, and aim to consistently hit your calorie goal. Exercise is good, but eating less is what really counts for weightloss.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I started at the same weight you did the first thing I did was started eating less. I didn't start MFP to well after I lost 100 pounds. I also started walking adding more each week. It worked for me. I weighed myself every day although I only did the official tracking day on Sunday.
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    Good! Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Focus on balancing your calories, making sure you eat fewer than you burn. As for exercise, I'd try a variety of different things until you find something you enjoy.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, calories are king. Put your focus on your food. For exercise, do whatever sounds interesting and fun to you right now.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Think hard and long about your strengths and weaknesses and set up a strategy for success. Some people go all in and do too much and burn out. Then i've seen someone on the forum who reached her goal by setting her calories to lose a half pound a week. It took her two years to lose her weight..but it worked for her. Think about how you want to tackle and what will work for you and set your plan in motion.