Options
2»

Replies

• sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Here's a couple of mine.

You planning on sending flowers? Don't send them on a special day. Just send them arbitrarily. Send them to her work. Her co-workers will follow the delivery person to her office, ask why she is getting flowers on a Wednesday and then talk you up.

Don't leave the house without a kiss and an "I Love You."

Take the extra step to open the door for her. Pull out her chair.

Treat her well in front of friends and family. They will tell her how lucky she is and you can just take the "Aw Shucks" approach.

I've got many more, but I want to hear yours. Let's face it, guys, most women are better partners than most men. When you find the ONE, put some work into it.

You sir, are one of the good ones.

I agree!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    When she talks, shut up. When she vents her crappy day, shut up. Don’t try to fix it, just listen.

To add to this. Sometimes, for your own mental health, you've got to zone out during the venting though. When this occurs, listen enough to remember a few key statements. When you're inevitably accused of not listening, repeat the lines your remembered. It'll be be enough to convince her that you were listening while keeping her mood from affecting yours.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    When she talks, shut up. When she vents her crappy day, shut up. Don’t try to fix it, just listen.

Yes please! I eventually stopped talking because he just got angry every time I opened my mouth.

And another point: don't treat her one way in public and another in private. If you are ashamed of the way you treat her in private, you shouldn't be treating her that way at all
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    :huh:

Don't become one?
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Be a team... each of you contribute equally. Dishes, cooking, laundry, sweeping, grass cutting is not his or her work.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    This is a sweet post, but it feels imbalanced without a few rules for successful wives.

1. Love him. Most men feel love in the form of physical touch or acts of service, so bake that man an apple pie and then love on him like you aren't just trying to get through it so you can get back to watching Grey's.

2. Trust him. He doesn't have to earn it, just trust him from the start.

3. Don't nag the guy like he's your kid. And don't scold him, especially in front of other people. That *kitten* is the worst.

4. Respect the man cave.

5. He's got interests outside of you and your family. Let him do his own thing without trying to guilt him.

This, all of THIS. I don’t know you, but you ROCK. Respect is a two-way Street.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of mine.

You planning on sending flowers? Don't send them on a special day. Just send them arbitrarily. Send them to her work. Her co-workers will follow the delivery person to her office, ask why she is getting flowers on a Wednesday and then talk you up.

Take the extra step to open the door for her. Pull out her chair.

Treat her well in front of friends and family. They will tell her how lucky she is and you can just take the "Aw Shucks" approach.

I've got many more, but I want to hear yours. Let's face it, guys, most women are better partners than most men. When you find the ONE, put some work into it.

No doubt about it good relationships take work. Those little things add up, but I think some of the little things vary quite a bit couple to couple. For my wife, anything unexpected goes a long way.

pudgy1977 wrote: »
    When she talks, don't just space out and nod your head...ACTUALY listen and contribute to the conversation

Girl, that's what God made bewbs for. If you flash every 3 mins you can keep a man focused for a while.

Sorry, did you say something? I got distracted.
  • sw33tp3a1
    Options
    Here's a couple of mine.

Take the extra step to open the door for her. Pull her hair.

fixed it! but for the most part to become a good husband there needs to be a good woman behind supporting it :D

Pull her hair? I would have gone with smacking that *kitten* but whatever
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Here's a couple of mine.

fixed it! but for the most part to become a good husband there needs to be a good woman behind supporting it :D

why not both?

And call her names
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Mrs explained how it is that I'm the greatest husband she's ever had.

Limited competition.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

Does this mean even if she is venting about her MFP bf that she is sexting is not treating her right?
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »

Does this mean even if she is venting about her MFP bf that she is sexting is not treating her right?

Duh. Because you ARE her MFP husband after all.
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of mine.

why not both?

And call her names

that would get dudes in trouble :D:D:D

Not if you pick the right names...
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of mine.

why not both?

And call her names

Like.... hunny bunny right?
  • sw33tp3a1
    Options
    Here's a couple of mine.

why not both?

And call her names

Exactly!
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    When your wife says, "hey, can you come here for a minute?"...just say, "sure." And see what she needs.

It's taken 14 years for my husband to finally stop with the "what do you want/need?"
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Mrs explained how it is that I'm the greatest husband she's ever had.

Limited competition.

Pretty much this
    Give me all your attention hubby!