LuluLemon...worth the price?

Options

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    NIKE Pro is the highest I’ll go. And I love their products. $118, nope.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Absolutely not.
    1. I think they as over priced.
    2. I think any company that makes pants in limited sizes and says "some women just shouldn't wear them" can kiss my *kitten*.

THAT's terrible!

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    No. When the company was new you couldn’t beat their quality but it’s gone way downhill.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    So I'm not a lady and I'm not a runner, but I spend a lot of time outdoors and have a lot of clothes of exercising outside. Quality is absolutely worth paying for, for important stuff. You should update the thread and let everyone know your impressions after you've put some miles on them.

I will do that.

I also agree that quality is worth paying for, but I also tend to favor function over fashion when it comes to work out clothes, so I buy a lot of my stuff on clearance, in outlets and in stores like TJ Maxx. I have some leggings that are top notch for running in zero degree weather and I did not pay more than $50 for them. On the flip side, one of my favorite quarter zips was purchased at Wal-Mart for $10.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I LOVE all my Lululemon kit.

It fits me well (apart from some styles of the sports bras), is comfy to wear, looks good, washes well, and lasts for AGES. I haven't had any quality issues.

I've had one piece wear out on me so far, but that was a tank that I got off the sale rail in 2012, which I think I threw out earlier this year.

I very rarely buy full price though. Always sale rail, and I live near an outlet store, so...
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Wow. $118 just for leggings? Nope. Not me. I sweat, fall down, tear mine when I am running outside in the woods. I would be major pissed. Work out wear isnt an investment to me. It's stuff I wear to get grubby in. Now shoes and jeans? Probably!! :p
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have 3 workout pants and love them. They are all about 3-4 years old and still in great condition. I bought them all on sale, and yes even the sale price was hard to swallow, but the ones I have are great quality. I haven't bought anything else from there, but I wouldn't give up nor do I regret the 3 I have.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    when did we start calling workout gear "kit"??

is that a UK thing?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    pricey, had to return quite a bit, and they are good that way , some was not quality like they claim it to be,
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Hell no. That’s stupid. I honestly don’t really understand the fitness attire industry. Why the F do you need $118 leggings to work out in? You wear them for like an hour, get all sweaty and then throw them in the wash. Wtf

You don't *need* them, but if someone likes them I don't see how it's substantially different than spending the same amount on pants they'd wear while going to dinner or going to work.

I wouldn't connote clothing you wear specifically with the idea of working out (sweating) to clothing you would wear for going out in, or even for work (unless you have a very physical job that you sweat doing, and I would not buy anything expensive if I did have a physical job that I had a lot of wear and tear on clothing doing)

If you enjoy spending a lot of money on work out clothes, go for it. It is your money. Keep in mind where the "profit" is going, not to the workers wages.

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I wear my workout clothes more than any other kind of clothes. I wash my workout clothes more than any other kind of clothes. I need clothes that fit me comfortably and are going to last. I like leggings and shorts with pockets for gels.
    So yeah, I invest a bit more money in my workout clothes, and they've lasted me ages. I don't really care that much about how I look or what's fashionable.