Wedding weight loss challenge!

Options
Hey everyone. This is my first challenge. I am nervous because I'm not sure how to "host" a challenge, but, I really need motivation to lose this weight! I would like to lose as much as I can before I take my dress in to get it altered (It is already too big, so, might as well make it a little bigger, make them work for that money :laugh: )
Nothing specific, I probably won't create any charts (but if someone wants to, that is great! :glasses: ) Just let me know if you want to join, your starting weight, goal weight and reason for wanting to lose it! My dress fitting is the end of September, so, I plan to lose as much as I can by then!!! If you have any tips/recipes or just advice, feel free to share it on here for everyone.

Danielle
SW: 212
GW: 165
Reason to lose: To be healthy enough to start a family, and just feel GOOD for once!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'll join....I'm going to be getting married next spring, hopefully...I'm trying to lose about 15 pounds and tone up!

SW: 137.8
    GW: 120-123
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    SW 165.4
    GW 145/150

Getting married next September
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    I'll join,
    Getting married next August, already got my dress, but wanna make sure it looks a bit better than it does now.
    I need to loose bout 11-16lbs to get me to my goal weight,
  • klnguyen80
    Options
    I'd love to join to...I'm getting married next July.

SW: 177
    GW: 130-140

Just want to be back to my normal self! Feel comfortable and be able to start a family!
  • hlavers
    hlavers Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm in too :) Getting married September 2012 and starting my wedding dress hunt in a month :)

SW:213
    GW:175
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm getting married in 2 months! I don't have that much to lose, but it's crunch time now.
    CW 125
    Gw 115-118
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Congrats to all of you for your upcoming weddings, how exciting! I post positive food and tips for thought daily and your welcome to friend me. If any of you want additional support or accountability, suggestions, or free fitness or nutrition guidance I'm here for you so just ask... Colleen (Seattle)
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'll join!
    Getting married in July!

I'm going dress shopping mid-September so I'd like to be between 165 and 160 by then.. reach 150 eventually.. see how I feel and then decide how much more I want to lose before the wedding! Ideally, around 130-140 will probably be my UGW and I hope to be there by next spring :)
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married this year, I am getting married in 2013, but I am losing weight so I can fit in my grandmother's dress. There are a lot of ways we can do this challenge: teams with goals (where every team makes a blog), bf% reduced comparison, food challenges, exercise challenges, elimination challenges. Just a general check in and support every week. Sorry I am intensely involved (debatedly too involved) in an 8-week elimination challenge at the moment!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh and I am losing weight to fit in my grandmother's dress. I am 194.5 and I want to be 160. I want to be at my goal weight by next May so I can start the fittings for my Grandmother's dress
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm in too :) Getting married September 2012 and starting my wedding dress hunt in a month :)

SW:213
    GW:175

I found that the biggest incentive was starting looking for a dress. I figured if i bought it first and then started losing weight i probably wouldnt keep it off becasue i know the dress fits anyway, and looks ok as it is.

This way, i know that i have to maintain the weight i am now, or be less or it wont fit!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    yay love this! getting married this november! first dress fitting in sept 15th! id like to be at 140 by then! 4 pounds to go!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me fellow brides to be!
  • Egro2313
    Egro2313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I'm getting married June of 2012 and have just now started trying to find the perfect dress! Good luck and congratulations to all you other brides to be!!

SW=185
    GW=130-140
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'll join :)

First time ever publically posting my weight... *nervous* buuuut....

SW: 231
    CW: 161 (loss of 70 pounds)
    GW: 130

I'm getting married May 19, 2012 <3 I already bought my wedding dress when I was 231 pounds and had no intention of ever losing weight until I saw how hideous I looked in pictures a few months later. Then, I decided enough was enough and now... well, I'm a MFP addict :) Haha.
  • jenniferpro89
    Options
    I'm totally in! My wedding is in 3 months on November 12th and I need to get down atleast 20+lbs so it's definitely crunch time!

SW: 250
    WW: 210
    GW: 190
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 2 months! I don't have that much to lose, but it's crunch time now.
    CW 125
    Gw 115-118

I hear ya! I am getting married November 11. I would like to be at my goal weight but. that isn't going to happen overnight lol.
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    I am not getting married this year, I am getting married in 2013, but I am losing weight so I can fit in my grandmother's dress. There are a lot of ways we can do this challenge: teams with goals (where every team makes a blog), bf% reduced comparison, food challenges, exercise challenges, elimination challenges. Just a general check in and support every week. Sorry I am intensely involved (debatedly too involved) in an 8-week elimination challenge at the moment!

I think that a food challenge sounds fun, although, I am not completely sure what that is. lol. Maybe a cooking challenge or something as well? Like, everyone cooks with a certain item and comes back with their healthy recipes? As well as check in and support.
  • treymac
    treymac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join.. I am getting Married Sept 1st 2012, I am going dress shopping in october. I am trying to lose 75lbs by next year if not more. Looking for some support or buddies as I am doing this alone and would love some tips and suggestions.
    :)
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Cooking challenge for the week!

Eggplant! :wink:

post your favorite eggplant recipe, pictures if you would like. Good luck!