Egg-free breakfast ideas?

Options
teahlee123
teahlee123 Posts: 41 Member
So, I am allergic to eggs and am very tired of eating oatmeal or cereal for breakfast. I love fruit, but it just isn’t filling enough in its own or with greek yogurt. Anyone have some good recipes or ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Search "breakfast ideas".
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options

Yes, but she just said she was tired of it, not that she didn't like it. ::shrug:: it's just more protein, more filling, and that link has lots of variations that are yummy.

OP, eat tuna sandwiches.

Better?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    teahlee123 wrote: »
    So, I am allergic to eggs and am very tired of eating oatmeal or cereal for breakfast. I love fruit, but it just isn’t filling enough in its own or with greek yogurt. Anyone have some good recipes or ideas? Thanks!

Bacon, ham, muffins, pancakes, toast with jam, marmalade, waffles, bagels, etc.
  • teahlee123
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I wish it were that simple, I haven’t found any breads, muffins, waffles, or bagels at the store that don’t contain eggs in the ingredients. (It probably helps to note I live in the middle of nowhere and only have a Walmart within an hour of my home) I would make them at home but I haven’t had any luck making eggfree versions that aren’t rubbery/gross. Thanks though.
  • teahlee123
    Options

Thanks! I will try a few of these, better than regular oatmeal!
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Yogurt, just a bigger portion. Like sometimes I'll eat 8 oz of it.
    No Egg Breads: https://www.thespruce.com/noegg-yeast-breads-that-are-still-moist-and-delicious-427846
    Change up your cereal.
    Fruit Smoothies
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Try crumbling a granola bar on top of the fruit and Greek yogurt.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My go to quick breakfast, no eggs, is either wheat bread or a bagel with sliced tomatoe, fresh basil, and provolone cheese melted on top in the toaster oven.

Otherwise, pancakes, waffles, cream of wheat, just bagels with cream cheese or loxs too. I made noodle kugel recently and have had that for breakfast for a lot of days this past week, but it uses eggs for baking. I do actually like spicy asian noodles for breakfast sometimes. And also just yogurt and fruit, french style.

Actually eggs are not my norm for breakfast.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Is there an ethnic cuisine you're fond of?

I always think that Americans have a limited idea of what certain ethnic cuisines are because so few of them are open for breakfast. But the options are endless.

Some ideas:

The all popular avocado toast. I like to sprinkle lime and cayenne because i like spicy in the morning

The fruit you like could be more filling with more fiber. For example, today I made a smoothie with one kiwi, one avocado, pear, keffir, and a bit of honey, cayenne, and a touch of salt.

Turkish breakfast: a good hard bread, white salty cheese, a salad of cucumber and tomato, and plent of olives alongside strong coffee

Lots of different types of congee is you're into Chinese food

There's a traditional Indian breakfast dish called Idli that I am fond of. You can use brown rice flour for more fiber.

I'm a big fan of smoked salmon on any sort of bagel or bread

Rarebit ie cheese on toast

• sparkly187
    sparkly187 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My favorite is super simple...avocado toast. I just smash an avocado on one toast, add a bit of lemon and salt, and done... I'm trying to avoid eating too much bread, so I will restrict it to one toast. You can add anything on top (tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, turkey)
  • teahlee123
    Options
    Is there an ethnic cuisine you're fond of?

I love anything spicy, especially things with vegetables or thai food. I honestly cook with so much siracha, peppers, onions and garlic that I have practically desensitized myself to the “actual” heat level. I am also very fond of many greek/mediterranian dishes, though I have actually never given thought to having breakfast dishes from those regions. Thank you!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, Siggi's (Icelandic Skyr), avocado toast, protein bars, protein shakes, fruit cup, oatmeal...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

I wish it were that simple, I haven’t found any breads, muffins, waffles, or bagels at the store that don’t contain eggs in the ingredients. (It probably helps to note I live in the middle of nowhere and only have a Walmart within an hour of my home) I would make them at home but I haven’t had any luck making eggfree versions that aren’t rubbery/gross. Thanks though.

@teahlee123 Sorry I thought you were just avoiding egg recipes. Didn't realize egg as an ingredient in breads, muffins, waffles, or bagels was a problem as well.

On one of my overseas trips to another country, I was actually amazed to be offered lamb chops for breakfast. Any other meat could work as well. I've also heard it said that there's no specific food called "breakfast food", so you can easily use some of the same things you use for lunch or dinner. Leftovers from one day's evening meal can be breakfast for the next day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

.... Bread doesn't generally have egg, homemade would be super easy to make!
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Look up vegan breakfasts. There are a lot of egg substitutes used there, I have a dairy allergy and understand how hard it is. Also if you get french bread recipes, there are no eggs or dairy in most of them.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

.... Bread doesn't generally have egg, homemade would be super easy to make!

Yeah, I bake bread a lot and none of my go-to recipes contain egg. Let me know if you would like any recipes!