Egg-free breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Deli ham or turkey and a slice of cheese wrapped around sliced avocado or tomato
    Smoothies made with banana, peanut butter, protein powder and milk
    Cream of wheat or buckwheat hot cereal with fruit and maple syrup
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Protein bars
    Toast with peanut butter and honey or banana
    Apple or banana with peanut butter
    Yogurt and granola
  • andfivesixseveneight
    andfivesixseveneight Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have many food allergies, so understand your dilemma. Yesterday I made spicy stir fry vegetables with tofu for breakfast and it was great. Any food you like to eat is suitable for breaking fast. Be adventurous :)
    Also you can bake egg-free by substituting aqua faba (the liquid from a can of chick peas or from boiling a pot of dried chickpeas in plain water) for eggs. It works very well.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I thought smoothies weren't filling enough until I started adding oats to them, now they keep me full.

Or today when im out of bananas I made a halo top milkshake for breakfast, :D it was delicious
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese with jam most days. Or greek yogurt with jam or banana.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    teahlee123 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Bacon, ham, muffins, pancakes, toast with jam, marmalade, waffles, bagels, etc.

I wish it were that simple, I haven’t found any breads, muffins, waffles, or bagels at the store that don’t contain eggs in the ingredients. (It probably helps to note I live in the middle of nowhere and only have a Walmart within an hour of my home) I would make them at home but I haven’t had any luck making eggfree versions that aren’t rubbery/gross. Thanks though.

Have you thought about getting on amazon and seeing what kind of vegan stuff they have (I say vegan because it seems the easiest way to get egg free). You could probably have stuff delivered to your door once a week? Also, I think tortillas are egg free, as an alternative to bread if you want one.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I give up. Start your morning with a coffee.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-tortillas
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    - a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel w/sweetened cottage cheese or cream cheese spread on it with a sliced apple.
    - Hummus toast with a sliced tomato on top.
    - Cottage cheese with black berries and some chopped walnuts.
    - Waffles
    - Smoothie bowl
    - Fruit with granola
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    rice and beans with chicken, salsa and ranchero sauce
    baked potato with bacon, cheese and sour cream
    turkey, cheese and avocado wrapped in a tortilla
    pizza
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great ideas! Can't wait to try a few.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with banana, yogurt, pb
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    sparkly187 wrote: »
    My favorite is super simple...avocado toast. I just smash an avocado on one toast, add a bit of lemon and salt, and done... I'm trying to avoid eating too much bread, so I will restrict it to one toast. You can add anything on top (tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, turkey)

I was just going to suggest avocado toast!
    Usually with beans and mushrooms :)
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    A vegetable soup <3
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The bane of my existence as well. I know you said you tired of oatmeal, that is all I eat for breakfast with a scoop of protein powder in it. I too am sick of it but...... I am thinking who says you cant have supper for breakfast? Steak and potato? Chicken and Rice? lots of ideas
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Any food you eat any other time of the day can be eaten for breakfast. I like soup for breakfast.

My sourdough bread recipe has no eggs and is not rubbery. Tortillas have no eggs. Pita bread has no eggs. There are types of bread without eggs.
    https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/extra-tangy-sourdough-bread-recipe
    https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/recipe/sourdough-recipes/basic-sourdough-bread/
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/232719/chef-johns-pita-bread/
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016071-homemade-pita-bread
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tofu scrambles! I love them. I mix cumin and turmeric and garlic and onion into the tofu and sautéed veggies. Top with some dairy free cheese (or real cheese if it doesn't bother you). The minimalist bakers website has agood recipe for tofu scrambles and you can adjust the docs to your taste. Avocado toast (or any spiffed up toast) is also a go to for me. And smoothie bowls with granola!
  • jaclynndabbs
    jaclynndabbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to make a vegan breakfast hash with shredded hash browns, red onion, black beans, corn, and salsa. Another option is adding chia seeds to your fruit and yogurt. Have you tried tofu scramble? Sandwich thin toasted with almond butter, bananas and unsweetened coconut. My go to when I don't have much time is a protein shake.
  • Greybeard51
    Greybeard51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with fruit
  • DonnaDion
    DonnaDion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try yam toast with peanut butter and banana. So good. Slice yams, bake. Then spread Adams peanut butter over, then top with banana. Yum!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bake fish the night before and eat it in the morning. No one says you have to eat only "breakfast foods" for breakfast. Salmon is my favorite and it really powers me through the morning. If it makes you feel weird eating dinner for breakfast, make it into a sandwich with cheese and maybe tomato or spinach. Or try grilled cheese for breakfast.
  • Jules_gsc
    Jules_gsc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bread has 4 ingredients. Yeast, water, flour, salt (and olive oil in the bowl so it doesn't stick). Muffins,waffles, pancakes.....they are a different story but bread has no eggs unless you're talking challah. Muffins waffles pancakes are risen with baking powder. Bread is risen with yeast.
    I read somewhere that eggs hold the culinary universe together so anytime you need that kind of coherence you'll find an egg in the recipe, Yeast creates protein strands that give bread it's elastic tendencies so you don't need egg if you have yeast... My sister was allergic to eggs and my ex hated them so egg free breakfast is what I ate most of my life. Try a sausage cheese on an English muffin or bagel - How about homefried potatos with some Canadian bacon? I slice one potato in smallish slices so it cooks fast, spray the pan with olive oil and sauté some minced onions ,green pepper, Canadian bacon with the potatos salt and pepper, you're good to go. I like to make fruit yogurt and granola parfaits, change it up with ricotta cheese or cottage cheese in place of the yogurt. Toss some walnuts on every now and then, ..sprinkle with cinnamon