Air fryer

Options
Anyone have any thoughts on these? Anyone have any healthy recipes to share that they like using one?

Replies

• BubbandBatspud
    BubbandBatspud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just got one for Christmas, but haven’t tried yet. Planning on testing it out this weekend.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I use it daily for cooking my chicken,
    It also makes the best chips
  • asweigart
    asweigart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We enjoy ours. We bread zucchini sticks with panko and they taste great, dip into yogurt or sour cream. I've heard you can also try doing a low calorie mozzarella stick with some kind of breading, although I've not tried that yet.
  • jhunter4431
    jhunter4431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yea i just got one for christmas that “fries”, dehydrates, bakes, etc- looking for some things to try that are good healthy go to’s
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I also got one for Christmas, we tried it out last night, just on frozen french fries. It was simple and they turned out good! I searched on Pinterest and found lots of recipes, I'm excited to try them out.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    What's the difference in calories for say, french fries? I can't imagine it's massive. You have to use SOME oil right?
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    But what's the calorie difference? You don't drink all the oil you deep fried in.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    We have one and have made all kinds of things in it. We've found it best to really season your batters well as the lack of oil removes a lot of flavor. We sometimes also lightly spritz some oil on the food before it goes in so it isn't drenched but adds a nice crunch without drying the food out.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've been debating getting one. I don't have a convection oven (I wish!) but after reading this thread I probably won't get an air fryer
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Mine came with a little pan and I can make a frittata in 8 minutes. It's pretty handy for a quick breakfast.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I don't use oil at all. I make zucchini chips in it, they are so good. I have also put in chicken and pork chops. They come out so good.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    But what's the calorie difference? You don't drink all the oil you deep fried in.

Why don't you look it up?

Touche.
  • WeighInn
    WeighInn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any thoughts on these? Anyone have any healthy recipes to share that they like using one?

I loved mine. I killed it after placing it on the back burner while using the others. It melted. The Farberware $80 Model is a very good. I used it so much that I upgraded to a Philips digital model.

I also just ordered an Instant Pot. Heard lots of good things about that too.