Is it possible to have a nice booty with a desk job?

Options
How hard do you have to work at it?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Well, I do front and side squats, lunges, and donkey kicks. Three times a week. Three sets. I'm transitioning between 12 and 15lb dumbbells on the squats, between 10 and 12 on the lunges, and I'm doing 7lbs of ankle weights on the donkey kicks.

I'm not actually building muscle right now, just trying to avoid losing it as I get rid of fat. But I'll say that things have improved in that area over the last little while.
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sure you can. I have a desk job and I have been told that I have an awesome booty. But I do work at it.

Do weights or bodyweight exercises to build the muscle. With sitting around so much I would try and incorporate some type of stretching or mobility regime as well to undo some of the issues arising from sitting for extended ranges of time. A great read on the subject is a book called "deskbound- standing up in a sitting world" by Kelly Starrett (https://www.amazon.com/Deskbound-Standing-Up-Sitting-World/dp/1628600586/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have a semi-desk job and my butt is better now than it was when I was managing a restaurant. It's all about proper training and nutrition. In my opinion, it's not that hard because I enjoy working out. But, it does take a lot of dedication and consistency.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Having a nice booty depends more upon (in descending order): a) your genetics, b) your diet and c) your workout routine than it does on what kind of job you have.

This
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I have a semi-desk job and my butt is better now than it was when I was managing a restaurant. It's all about proper training and nutrition. In my opinion, it's not that hard because I enjoy working out. But, it does take a lot of dedication and consistency.

I've been sitting at a desk job for the last 14 years and I think my butt is pretty fantastic. Eat and train. I do lots of glute work.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What a funny question. The shape of your butt comes down to a combo of how much muscle and fat you have plus how your fat is distributed, not your work accommodations.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    As a thicc man I can confirm it is possible.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Of course. For most of us, it just comes down to dedicating the time and effort in non-work hours.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @KimmalyS what would be the reasoning that a desk job would prevent having a nice booty?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    With the right training focus and diet, it is completely possible. If you don't already have the "booty", it can take a few weeks.