5'8" women

Options
13»

Replies

• dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have sent friend requests to you. I am 5 8 and currently 159 pounds. That's down from 186 in the summer. I am 41 so don't think I can get down to the 140s anymore. My goal is to hit 155 and maintain. That puts me right in the middle of the normal BMI range
  • katytreadwell
    katytreadwell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    I'm currently 190, down from 220, and looking to get to 165, at which point I'll reassess.
    Me too :) good luck!
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    co2trebg9psz.png

a4a1nfzfsdv7.png

I'm very interested in the thoughts around being a "big" girl. I'm 5'9"

At my most thin, I weighed 159.4 pounds and that number is etched deeply in my brain as my ideal.

But 159.4 seemed like an unlovely number.

And, presumably, 227, my current weight, is cringeworthy.

I’m tall.

My mother called me big boned.

She delighted when a bout of chicken pox left me ten pounds lighter in kindergarten.

In elementary school I was lined up in the back, behind even the tallest boys.

I aspired to be pretty and petite.

Instead, I was cast as Injun Joe in a summer camp production of Tom Sawyer . . . alongside my eighth-grade boyfriend, cast as the eponymous lead.

Ah, the agony.

Unlovely.

I am a mother, wife, lawyer, coach, friend, confidante.

I have an art collection.

And three dogs.

Each person in my house is invisibly tethered to me. I am the source of soccer cleats and sticks of cheese, a general contractor, my husband’s personal Genius Bar.

No matter what I accomplished in life, I could never forget that the numbers on the scale were always big.

And big equals fat and ugly.

But now I'm 41.

I aim for "goodness of fit" between body and mind.

Of course I'm working to achieve a right-sized body.

But I'm interested now in right thinking.

I look at myself through the same loving eyes I see my children.

I see beauty in myself, finally.

In my strength, courage, sense of humor, excellent taste, thick brown hair, beautiful body that has given life to two children and climbed mountains.

No matter what the number.

Liora
    yourhappybrain.com/blog

I really identify with the beginning of your post. I am the big girl. My sister is on the shorter side and so are most of my cousins, aunts and Mom. I had to dance the boy parts when we learned how to square dance in 5th grade.

Being treated as large growing up, you just feel too big even if you are fit and healthy. I remember feeling bad about my size when I was 7 years old. My mother and aunt would force me to try on my older cousins clothes when she grew out of them. It made me feel terrible about myself. She grew up to be less than 5’ tall with a tiny frame. How stupid is that?

I’ve gained and lost 60 or more lbs 9 times in my life starting at the age of 15. I’m 51 now and have lost 50 lbs again. I started at 228 in March and am down to 178. I took three vacation breaks during that time, including a cruise and didn’t gain (didn’t lose either) during the breaks. I would like to lose 10 more and see how I feel. I am determined not to gain again. This time I started with maintenance always on my mind. I would much rather be 5 or 10 lbs overweight than 60 or more lbs overweight. I have to say to myself “this is good” or I will feel bad about not getting “skinny” and gain it all back again.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    I'm currently 190, down from 220, and looking to get to 165, at which point I'll reassess.
    Sounds like a great plan!
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 141.5 lbs (159 at my highest weight). I'm aiming for 128, but will stop if my face starts to look too skinny for my liking. I'm using weights to keep my curves and get more muscles in the process.

Current measurements:
    bust: 34.6 inches
    waist: 26.5 inches
    hips (on widest part of butt): 39 inches
    thighs: 23.8 inches
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    usbt1imzapjb.jpeg
    I’m just under 5’8”, before at 160lbs, now 130lbs (73-59kg).

Cute as a button before and after :)
  • LadySlimMcFancyPants
    Options
    I'm 5'9.75 (so 5'10) and my goal is 165, but I have a suspicion once I get there I'll want to be between 150-165.

I'm a pear and very hippy so by the time I'm down there I'll mainly decide by my jeans size. 12 is goal, 10 would be amazing, 8 would be a miracle with my hips!!! I also want to be more toned than jiggly, so the muscle I build for the look I want will decide.
  • katytreadwell
    katytreadwell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.75 (so 5'10) and my goal is 165, but I have a suspicion once I get there I'll want to be between 150-165.

I'm a pear and very hippy so by the time I'm down there I'll mainly decide by my jeans size. 12 is goal, 10 would be amazing, 8 would be a miracle with my hips!!! I also want to be more toned than jiggly, so the muscle I build for the look I want will decide.

I’m the same - hourglass so if I get to an 8 it means I’m extremely thin elsewhere which is not a good look!!

• with_trish
    with_trish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 at 171 pounds. My target weight is 150. I feel like that is a healthy weight for my bone structure. Last time I weighed 150, I was a size 8. I may be smaller than that this time around because I'm currently a size 8. I'm pretty toned from working out. I will say that if I don't workout for a couple months, I quickly for into a size 12 at the same weight.

That said, love this support group. Please add me as a friend.
  • TamraMarie93
    TamraMarie93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Started at 268, currently 195, would like to be 140-150 or a size 6-8. Currently size 14-16.
  • casedi11a
    casedi11a Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’8” and 181 pounds. I was in denial about how much I’ve gained until I went to the doctor and weighed in at 194 (my highest ever) this summer. I was pretty happy with my body when I trained for a marathon in 2016 (about 160), so that’s what I’m trying to get back to. My short-term goal is to get under 170!
  • SherFit89
    SherFit89 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8.5 and I'm currently at 165 not exactly my highest but up there. I'm hoping to loose around 20 lbs or so. I workout everyday 1.5 -2 hours in my gym. I have eaten healthy for the past few months but just too much. I know now that I won't hit my goal by this summer if I don't crack down now. My plan is sticking to my vegetarian lifestyle as well as incorporating more cardio.
  • kendraj404
    kendraj404 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m 46 years old. Thankfully grew an inch somehow in my 40s, so I’m now 5’8”. My lowest weight as an adult was 145. Unfortunately, I weighed in two months ago at an all-time high of 220. I’m down to 206 now, but hoping to drop another 56 in 2018! Would welcome friends and accountability buddies! My husband is looking to lose 20 pounds, but we are bad influences on each other with regards to working out AND eating right!!! ❤️