Going out tonight... :(

Options
My family loves their Friday pizza nights. We go to a local pizza joint that has been open for over 5o years, no website, no nutrition facts which is really frustrating! So I looked around the internet to try and estimate how many calories, fat, etc. could be in the pizza...

I found this... I would have a 9" inch cheese pizza.

PIZZA.png

It also matches with MFP generic 9" inch pizza. I am thinking of skipping out and eating something better, but I have not gone out in a while...What should I do?

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    instead of eating a whole pizza only eat a slice or two..
  • BringItOnWeightLoss
    Options
    I eat a big salad and then a slice of pizza.
  • Elysian13
    Options
    Good idea. :P

I just hate saying to the family, "I am not going." Haha I mean, I wasn't going to eat the whole thing. :P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Go have fun with your family! That is important for good health too. Then get back to healthy foods and work in a little extra exercise if you can. If not, still don't sweat it. Don't be afraid to go off program occasionally. Just be aware of it and make sure it's only occasionally.
  • heather3879
    heather3879 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat a big salad and then a slice of pizza.

Exactly, this is what I do. Then you can stlll get the taste you love, but you're full from the healthy veggies.
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my worst enemy & miller lite! but i will have a slice or 2 and try to plan for that for the rest of my day. I actually leave 1000 calories to go out drinking 10 beers 920 cals. not bad cause u can pass out after without eating
  • regina_mundi
    Options
    That doesn't look so bad. The carb number is breathtaking, and the sodium is about what you would expect. Drink lots of water, eat a salad, cut your pizza into lots of slices, linger over them, and either take the rest home or share them with your family.

And you're going to be with loved ones, doing something they enjoy, at a neighborhood institution. Turn that frownie into a smiley! :smile:
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Eat what you want, just be sure to eat healthily most of the time and exercise! The occasional treat is fine, even necessary to keep you sane!

Don't forget that you need to have fun, if you want that pizza, go for it. You'll burn it off.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Just leave room in your calories for it today. 360 calories plus another 50 or so for a salad is NOT a huge, gut busting dinner. Heck, most chain restaurants brag about their "under 600 calorie menu items" and you'd be well under that. Pizza is not evil and having some every once in awhile doesn't mean you're doing something horrible. Have fun with your family and enjoy yourself!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds fine, if you plan ahead and leave enough calories (i would also avoid fat all day). Relax, enjoy yourself. The thing about MFP is that you CAN have these things from time to time, as long as you're smart about your choices.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it in moderation.
  • Elysian13
    Options
    I have not eaten much today, knowing I would be going out. I have not touched much fat. You can look at my diary

And thank you everyone for helping me. :/ I am just afraid of getting off track, but I know myself. :P I will do some extra exercise tomorrow. :)

My whole life, I have been battling somewhat of an eating disorder. (I really don't know what to call it) I have a bad relationship with food and I hated eating! I am getting over it, slowly, but as you can see it hasn't vanished. :/

Thank you guys
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change. if you deprive yourself of the things you enjoy forever, it will not stick and you eventually will go back to old ways. Having a treat out with family is not cheating. Have a nice salad and some pizza. make sure you log it. and drink extra water for the next few days to flush out that sodium. Enjoy your time with your family, life is too short!
  • Elysian13
    Options
    Thank you Rockindreamer, you make a very valid point. I have to overcome this bad relationship with food. I gotta kick out the thought that food is the enemy. You can thank my dad for this, as a child he always called me fat! Thanks for the support! =D
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    You can do this! =) I believe in you! =)