Losing weight during my period :(

Options
I’m someone that is overweight, I gain weight really easily and fast. I like to diet often because it makes me feel good about myself idk why. But somehow everytime I get my period I never seem to lose weight, I just feel fatter and heavier no matter how hard I try, does anybody know why this happens?

Replies

• evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's just hormones, it happens to most of us women. It helps to get an app like happy scale or libra that tracks weight over time and gives you a weight trend instead of putting so much stock in the individual days. If your anxiety is too bad, you could always avoid the scale during that week. I used to do that but after time, you may get used to your weight loss stalling (or gaining a bit) during that time and learn to ride it out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    bgsv9 wrote: »
    I’m someone that is overweight, I gain weight really easily and fast. I like to diet often because it makes me feel good about myself idk why. But somehow everytime I get my period I never seem to lose weight, I just feel fatter and heavier no matter how hard I try, does anybody know why this happens?

You're retaining water... it's perfectly normal. Just don't weigh yourself that week if it bothers you that much.

Weight fluctuations are part of weight loss. No big deal.
  • LilFoxtrot
    LilFoxtrot Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hormones, bloating and water weight are the biggest culprits of weight gain during your period-it's totally normal.

If seeing a big spike bothers you just weigh yourself a day or two after your period instead :) don't worry about it.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I tend to retain a lot of water and get really bloated during my period. For example: The week before my period I was 188.8. The week of my period I was 192.0. The week after my period I am 187.4. As you can see, huge fluctuation! Just stay within your calories the best you can that week and move as much as you can and you will still see results in the long run.