Pedal exerciser for under my desk

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Lance Armstrong in no time! (yup, even a quote from the site! lol) Sounds like this one (which looks like yours) has no hamster wheel side effects. I would suggest however you get padded biking shorts & gloves etc....might want kids someday, better safe you know:glasses:

. So the list is long now for a free pedal exerciser.. the prostitute + desk top TV + biking accessories + race costs if you decide to take this on the road:wink: = a bit more than a free pedaler. Looking forward to how this all plays out:tongue:

Some of you all ought to take this on the road.... you're crack ups:laugh:

http://lifehacker.com/263136/under+the+desk-pedal-exerciser

Under-the-desk Pedal Exerciser

If mounting your desk to a treadmill isn't an option, you might want the less obtrusive and less expensive Pedal Exerciser.

Stow this wheel-less, stationary "bicycle" under your desk and quietly pedal to your heart's content. No longer will you annoy your coworkers while cycling at the office .
    Coming in at a reasonable $43, this bike will turn you into your office's Lance Armstrong in no time. The Pedal Exerciser can also be used on the upper body if you want to go completely overboard and turn your office into a gym. Check out some more workouts you can do at work. — Kyle Pott

Wow, you can even put it up top of your desk building the upper arms at work! :glasses:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Intresting idea but I don't know how I'd feel or what I'd think initially if I walked up to a co-worker and they were panting and all sweaty, sitting at their desk:laugh: . I do think it's a great idea though if you can pull it off and if your boss approves. Let us know how it goes!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Lance Armstrong in no time! (yup, even a quote from the site! lol) Sounds like this one (which looks like yours) has no hamster wheel side effects. I would suggest however you get padded biking shorts & gloves etc....might want kids someday, better safe you know:glasses:

. So the list is long now for a free pedal exerciser.. the prostitute + desk top TV + biking accessories + race costs if you decide to take this on the road:wink: = a bit more than a free pedaler. Looking forward to how this all plays out:tongue:

Well you know, if the hooker was there, they could take turns. The peddler could generate power to the TV. *Whips the hooker* "Keep peddling! I'm gonna miss the last episode of True Blood!"
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Well you know, if the hooker was there, they could take turns. The peddler could generate power to the TV. *Whips the hooker* "Keep peddling! I'm gonna miss the last episode of True Blood!"
    woo.gif for elevated HR due to a hooker!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

woo.gif for elevated HR due to a hooker!

BAHAHAHA Jeez, it almost seems I'm obsessed with prostitutes, doesn't it? Think I have an addiction? haha
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    party0052.gif
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    double post:huh:
  • lasia221
    lasia221 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A blog I read, Skinny Emmie, mentioned this pedal exerciser.

For me personally, I'm willing to spend a lil more to get something a lil better. So I was thinking of this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KE8ASK?ie=UTF8&tag=dangerouslill-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000KE8ASK

I wouldn't trust the calorie counter on it, but it might allow me to go elsewhere to a few sites and get a good average estimation if I know digitally what my resistance is and my speed. Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a little OCD about the numbers thing.

This one also would allow it to be used for arms, like they do in PT for upper/middle b ack strengthening. The only thing I'm concerned about is what it'll do to my very lower back. It's not in good shape bc of a bulging disc at L5, and normal stationary bikes (and even vigorous walking for more than 15 mins) can cause those lateral waist-level muscles to get really sore/tense or spasm. I'm guessing I'll just have to go slowwwww and build it up over time.

I'd personally do this at home, not work, but that's me. I'm a geekette and so when I'm home I'm at the computer a lot anyways. Cycle while playing Facebook games? WIN! :bigsmile:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    *bump* I HAVE to hear how this plays out. You guys are major entertainment! :laugh: :drinker:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    *bump* I HAVE to hear how this plays out. You guys are major entertainment! :laugh: :drinker:

I would like to know how this played out also.

Did anyone try this?
    Did your feet reach the pedals?
    Could you pedal, work, and maintain a normal appearance?
    Were you able to sit on the toilet seat, pedal, and read the newspaper?(and what kind of workout music goes with that?)
    Or did you just scrape the whole plan and go with the hooker idea? :smooched:
  • justimogen
    Options
    I've been doing some research on these pedal exercisers and came across this thread.

Does anyone have any feedback on how the exercisers worked out?

Can you get decent resistance with them?

Are there any recommended brands/models?

Are they noisy at all?