naturally skinny !

Options
124»

Replies

• RaffeJay
    RaffeJay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am naturally slender. I pretty much eat what I like, within reason. I don't like doughnuts but do like cake. I ride my bike a lot and I walk my dog, a lot. I think that I have a fast metabolism and am just lucky. I am a right fidget-bum too, always moving. Irritates the life out of my work colleagues. I stand up and all sort, at work, while I'm chatting with customers - I do sit to do the computery bit.
    Over the winter, I tend to keep an eye on my eating though, I'm not riding nearly as much or doing a 10 mile each way commute as often. I take the car and sometimes, weather permitting, a 3 mile each way commute.

I don't think that there is a secret to it. I just don't really think about food as anything more than fuel.
    My Other Half is a good 6 stone heavier than me, 7 inches taller too. Totally different build and he says that will stack on the lbs over the winter and whinges about it incessantly. Falls off him in the Spring once he starts getting really active again.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I'm with those saying you don't see what they eat/do 24/7. I get comments from family from time to time about how lucky I am to "be able to eat like I do" at times. I've always had a healthy appetite, one which led me to overweight to various degree as an adolescent, but still shows itself from time to time. Sure, they see me take down five pieces of pizza now and again, and assume that's how I eat all the time. What they don't see is the pre-logging I did, planning for that level of intake, the 4-6 hours in the gym I spend a week, weighing my portions for meals I make at home, and the daily weigh-ins and spreadsheet I use to track my TDEE.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My husband is thin. He looks like he eats like a pig, but many times he only eats one ‘meal’ (sometimes a binge) a day. He’s also a fidgety person and cannot sit still.

Genetics is part of it. I know I have a faster metabolism than what my age, height, and weight claim I have. But not a huge amount. If I eat too much, I’ll still gain like everyone else.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    It's not "naturally skinny"................................it's "naturally not eating a lot" as the reason.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Perhaps naturally skinny people only eat when they are actually hungry, as opposed to eating when they feel like something tasty, regardless if they're stuffed from dinner or not even remotely hungry, aka ME!

It also bears considering that there's variation in stress and hunger hormones between individuals! So we don't all even have exactly the same physiological cues.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm a normal size person but when I eat socially especially in restaurants I might eat something more fattening that I wouldn't eat at home. I often notice the heavier people are just eating salads. I sometimes feel guilty the way someone would who is drinking in front of an alcoholic. Also I usually workout and eat lightly the next day to make up for my indulgence.