Movies that destroy you

Options

Replies

• Periphria
    Options
    I know it's probably cheesy, but that musical montage at the end of Titanic (where the band is playing and the people are getting ready to die.. the mama telling the kids a bedtime story so they will sleep through it and the old couple laying in the bed with the water rushing in). Makes me cry everytime.

I am so with you! Every time I watch that movie I cry.:cry::cry:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Steel Magnolias

Beaches

:sad: :sad:

And Stepmom
    Options
    99 ballons this is on you tube and if you need a good cry, just make sure you have the sound on and a box of tissue
    here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILw1iFzmIE
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    What dreams may come. Is the saddest movie I have ever seen and I am not aloud to watch it when hubs is home because he says all I do is cry through the whole thing. I hits really close to home. I think that is why it makes me cry so much.
    Just bought and watched that one this weekend. I love that movie but it doesn't make me cry. I love the story though and the use of colors is awesome!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ever watch a movie that just makes you so sad you can hardly stand it..

My favorite of all time is "City of Angels" with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage. :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Anybody else??

jb

I saw that last night. I hate the way that ends! :cry:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    99 ballons this is on you tube and if you need a good cry, just make sure you have the sound on and a box of tissue
    here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILw1iFzmIE
    OMG!!! I amat my desk at work crying. How hard that must have been for them to do!!!!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    City of Angels
    The Green Mile
    Passion of the Christ(when he's a little boy and falls down, then calls for his mother) I bawled like a baby
    The Notebook
    A Walk to Remember
    A Time To Kill-Samuel L. Jackson was awesome in that movie
    Gladiator-when he comes home and finds his son and wife
    Bridge To Terrabithia
    I Am Legend
    The Pursuit of Happyness
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Beaches was the first time I ever cried in a movie. I usually don't watch "sad" movies I am a Hellraiser kinda girl but Beaches had me bawling.
    Steel Magnolias

Beaches

:sad: :sad:

And Stepmom
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    What dreams may come. Is the saddest movie I have ever seen and I am not aloud to watch it when hubs is home because he says all I do is cry through the whole thing. I hits really close to home. I think that is why it makes me cry so much.
    Just bought and watched that one this weekend. I love that movie but it doesn't make me cry. I love the story though and the use of colors is awesome!

My sister passed away almost 13 years ago and right after it happpened my mom tried to be with her just like robin williams character did. So this movie is HARD to watch without crying.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Ghost.....cry like a baby each and everytime I watch it.

"ditto"
  • lettyig
    Options
    fire proof good movie:cry:
    Ever watch a movie that just makes you so sad you can hardly stand it..

My favorite of all time is "City of Angels" with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage. :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Anybody else??

jb
  • megan0313
    Options
    BTW - I also learned from that book to stay away from Oprah's list. She had a bunch of really sad books on the list. I think she might like to see people recover from tragedy - but I can't handle that much tragedy.

Movies: Marley and Me, Sophie's Choice, Jack Frost
    And I refuse to read anymore books on Oprah's list! They're so depressing I'm about ready for therapy after them! :noway:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The Green Mile

"When I die and I stand before God awaiting judgment and he asks me why I let one of HIS miracles die, what am I gonna say, that it was my job? "

This quote really got to me

I watched that movie once, and never again....it was absolutely heart wrenching!
  • lettyig
    Options
    fireproof :cry:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have a few...

Pearl Harbor
    The NoteBook
    The Green Mile
    And recently one that got me really bad was The Bucket List...Watching this made me realize how many things my dad did not get to do before he left this world..
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Eeesh, I know there are tons of movies that make me just sob, but now that I want to name them my mind has blanked! :grumble:

The only one I can think of now is The Notebook.

I am with you... the Notebook is a great movie! Another personal fave of mine is In Her Shoes.. the poem at the end..

I carry your heart with me(i carry it in
    my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
    i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
    by only me is your doing,my darling)
    i fear
    no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
    no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
    and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
    and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

I am soooo with you guys!! Gets me every time. Also Field of Dreams when he talks and plays catch with his father. "Ease his pain":sad:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Wow those are some great selections!. Alot of those movies got me watery eyed. The notebook almost had me until they both died at the same time and at that point my lack of a mentral cycle caused me to see that as being a bit much. Anyway...

When I was a kid- Land before Time made me weep. I hated when little foot's mom died. Gosh that was horrible. Still gets me chocked up.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow those are some great selections!. Alot of those movies got me watery eyed. The notebook almost had me until they both died at the same time and at that point my lack of a mentral cycle caused me to see that as being a bit much. Anyway...

When I was a kid- Land before Time made me weep. I hated when little foot's mom died. Gosh that was horrible. Still gets me chocked up.

Oh my god I forgot all about the Land Before Time!!

The lion king!

Life is beautiful - I know I know subtitles are annoying but please watch it in Italian not English.

Radio Flyer

Where the heart is

Good Will Hunting

AND YOU ARE ALL FORGETTING:

STAND BY ME!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Dances With Wolves
    Color Purple
    Life Is Beautiful
    (Ha ha) I was going to say Where the Heart Is
    Shindler's List
  • nicki7584
    Options
    Gran Torino
    P.S. I Love You ( i literally cried through the whole thing)
    The Green Mile
    Titanic