I want you guys to be my friends

Options
So I've done that whole thing where I lost 25 kg and gained 30 back. Last time I got in shape I ran a couple of marathons and felt great, and then life just kept happening and suddenly I was back to my old bad habits. So! I'm doing it again, trying to do it right this time, and not effing it up by intermittently starving and not enjoying life by eating kale all the time. I am 10 kg down now, so have about 15-ish to go I think.

I started a running streak on oct. 15., which has been such a good choice for me. It was to get myself into the habit of running again. Today is day 75, and I'm logging 30-55 km a week now. I have signed up for the Belfast marathon in May (yay!), so I want to get my nutrition down to have less weight to carry around with me.

But I don't want to make the same mistakes again and lose my drive and gain the weight back. Motivation, I believe, is largely created and influenced by the environment around us, and we can change that. I've never had any weight-loss friends/acquaintances before, just done it on my own. So I am trying to commit, hopefully create meaningful bonds to some of you.

The most important thing to me is to make exercise and living healthy enjoyable and even fun.

At the moment I have particular intererests in: Eating well, habit-making, running, mountainbiking (newbie), MFP (also newbie), self-defence (kind of newbie). And playstation, but that's not relevant I guess (but if you want to talk about "the last of us, part II" I'm so up for it).

That was something about me. I would love to hear from you.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,736 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • ChibiTrine
    ChibiTrine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm still trying to learn how it works.
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I like to run too. I'm more at the beginning of my running journey though.
  • ChibiTrine
    Options
    Thanks! We all start somewhere. One of my favorite running memories is still the first time I ran a mile without stopping :-)
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm kind of a half arsed runner. I'll never be a marathoner, though. Lol
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ChibiTrine wrote: »
    Thanks! We all start somewhere. One of my favorite running memories is still the first time I ran a mile without stopping :-)

I just recently got up to 7 miles without stopping. I couldn't believe I ran that far once I stopped.
  • ChibiTrine
    Options
    cwells16 wrote: »
    I just recently got up to 7 miles without stopping. I couldn't believe I ran that far once I stopped.

Good work!