Under Calories But Not Hungry..

Options
My calorie limits 1750 calories a day.. I usually eat less than 1300. The problem is that I don't feel hungry most of the time. Should I force myself to reach that calorie goal?

Replies

• want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem and didnt want to resort to eating junk food to pad out cals so started ordering the graze boxes a small box averages between 150 to 250 cals but they good cals so worth having
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You can always calorie zig-zag. I'm on 1,300 a day, but am barely above 1,200 most days. Some days I'll only eat 1,100...then eat 1,300-1,400 some days (in the same week) to make up for it. Maybe add some extra tablespoons of olive oil into your foods to make up for it if you're not hungry for actual food.
  • HuffHesitation
    Options
    trail mix. It gives you good sources of nutrients and fairly high in calories. About 160 calories for a small hand full. Thats what I do from time to time.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to get your body used to getting more calories. Just choose more caloric healthy foods, like nuts, flax see oil, avocados. Good luck.
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem and didnt want to resort to eating junk food to pad out cals so started ordering the graze boxes a small box averages between 150 to 250 cals but they good cals so worth having

We don't have these in the US but after looking online I think I may try to make this concept work for me. It seems like a great idea.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nuts! Almonds and walnuts. You'd be surprised how many calories a tablespoon of nuts has. Peanut butter is my biggest vice because reaching my limit isn't exactly difficult for me, but if I had calories to spare I would probably eat 4 tablespoons of it every day instead of 1 or 2 when I know I'll have calories to spare.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My calorie limits 1750 calories a day.. I usually eat less than 1300. The problem is that I don't feel hungry most of the time. Should I force myself to reach that calorie goal?

A detailed answer to your question based on the way mfp was designed to work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231636-the-eating-when-you-re-not-hungry-dilemma