Replies

• Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to post a photo on this but i lost over 60 pounds
  • bjlblue
    bjlblue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m a whole food vegan - no processed foods, no animal products. My transition took 2 months, mostly because it was hard to get off of sugar; I didn’t have any problems eliminating animal products.

Learning a new way of cooking and eating can be overwhelming. There are tons of resources out there and the first several months were frustrating because I just didn’t know what to cook, or what I liked to eat. At some point though, it all clicked and I could whip up a great meal without a recipe. It’s helpful to nail a few go-to dishes; this brought a sense of normalcy to it because it’s not practical to always be cooking something new — and tiring!

My energy is high and even, cholesterol dropped 55 points, and I feel great that I’m not supporting animal abuse. Travel and eating out can be challenging but you just have to get creative. If there’s not a vegan dish on the menu, look at what’s being served up as sides for other entrees and ask for those.

Some resources that really help me are:
    Plant-Strong (book) by Rip Esselstyn - it’s an easy read, he’s relatable, and there are easy, delicious recipes.

Podcasts Jami Dulaney MD, Plant Based Wellness; and Vegetarian Zen are a great listen and I always learn something new.

Hope this is helpful, and good luck!
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Pros: I poop 3-5 times a day; feel great and have tons of energy; faster recovery after running; can lose weight eating 2500-3000 calories even if not running that far
    Cons: vegan cheese sucks, I’ve had okay vegan cheese, but it’s not the same; random bloating/gas; Many types of vegan diets that are breeding grounds for ED’s or bring people with ED’s into the lifestyle...(lost my period eating HCLF high raw Vegan for 2 years).