Another newby...

Options
I am new to this site, but definitely not new to dieting. I am 41 years old and I am at my all time heaviest of 244. I have been reading the "Lose it for Life" book which emphasizes God's help in the weight loss battle. I am determined to lose weight this time and to change my lifestyle, but I will be honest I am scared that I can't do it.

Replies

• docrawford11
    Options
    I am new to this site, but definitely not new to dieting. I am 41 years old and I am at my all time heaviest of 244. I have been reading the "Lose it for Life" book which emphasizes God's help in the weight loss battle. I am determined to lose weight this time and to change my lifestyle, but I will be honest I am scared that I can't do it.
  • Kirsty
    Kirsty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome and well done for making the first step,knowing we need to sort out the weight is hard to realise,ignoring it is easier. You have the determination take each day a step at a time. If you need to talk don't hesitate to email me at Blackannis@3mail.com i'm here if you need to chat. Good luck :¤) x
  • montbj
    montbj Posts: 3
    Options
    the only thing to fear is fear it's self.

this is for you. measure your sucess one good decission at a time.
  • sassysellers
    sassysellers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new too. I have been married two years as of Yesterday. I had always said that every year on my anniversary I would try my wedding dress on and the day that it wouldn't button all the way, would be the end! Well I didn't even try it on yesterday. I am so disgusted in myself. I am usually a very upbeat person but I have been so depressed about my weight lately. I found this site and have read some real good things about it. Hopefully it will work. I am to the point that I am READY to lose the weight. I am 205 and 5'3 that is NOT healthy. I would like to lose about 50 pounds. Any ideas and help all around would be appreciated.
  • bmayfield
    Options
    When my doctor told me 5 weeks ago that I HAD to loose a LOT of weight (she said 70 lbs, I said 50!), I sat in her office and cried. I understood the benefits to my health (lower BP, heart health, lower diabetes risks, etc) but I was also scared that I couldn't do it. After I finished crying, my husband told me to just take my time and do it slowly and that he would do it with me. He believed I could do it and we've been doing a lot of reading and research and since then, we've learned a lot and I've lost 15 lbs. Just remember, it didn't get there overnight and it won't come off overnight! Diets are quick but seldom last; lifestyle changes are slow but permanent! Good luck.

Betty
  • bmayfield
    Options
    Sassy,

I don't know if this works for everyone or not, but I read, a LOT! I read everything in the grocery store so that we can make smarter choices. I also bought a good calorie book that is pocket size for when I am caught having to eat out somewhere. This way, I can look things up and decide from there. If we know what ALL of our options are, we are more satisfied with our healthy decisions. Education is the key to developing healthy eating habits. Good luck to you.

Betty