2»

Replies

• SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    WardaRiaz wrote: »
    i think there is some problem with my medication.

So why are you posting here instead of discussing your medication with your doctors?

Could be that posting here has helped her realise this.
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started again my diet 5 days ago and finally the scaled moved a bit. So maybe i am going fine.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Hello, I also have hypothyroid and on medication. The first thing you need to do is make sure your medication IS working. I would highly recommend the Natural Thyroid or Armour, NOT the synthetic. Second, you have got to get your food logged correctly. Do not eat less than 1200 calories or your body will hang on to your fat thinking your starving. Do eat all the food group. Just make wiser choices. Obviously, avoid refined sugars like cake, ice cream, cookies. Be careful your not drinking your calories, pop (Even Diet Pop is not good), alcohol, or to much milk. Drink plenty of water. Eating out is a big no-no. If you are going to eat out know ahead of time what you're going to order and how much calories it has. Do a Google search, you can find out how many calories in just about anything. Of course, get moving. Have you tried a watch that counts your steps? 10,000 Steps a day while watching your weight should get that weight off. I have also done a 10 day cleanse. You can find good ones at your health food store. Most importantly DO NOT GIVE UP! You can do this. Hope this helps, good luck on your weight loss journey

Ignore pretty much all of this, OP

Yup. I'm hypothyroid, and although it can be next to impossible when meds are off, as long as the medication is properly controlling it, weight loss is the same as hypo as with anyone else. No special rules needed.
  • treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel your pain. Mine acted up really bad in September worked out 30 days straight logged everything and no weight loss. November came and same thing. From September to December I gained 20ibs. Went to the doc and all my lvls were normal but my vitamin D was extremely low. Excessive weight gain, mood swings, VERY fatigue, muscle cramps, joint pain
    You name it I had it. I gave up and recently started back up on the 27th of this month and currently on vitamin d pills. My docs advice was to just keep doing what your doing exercise wise and we'll watch the labs for you. My advice to you is go get your levels checked but don't give up keep going! Good luck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I started again my diet 5 days ago and finally the scaled moved a bit. So maybe i am going fine.

Keep in mind that it's only been 5 days. If you've lost weight before then hopefully you understand that weight loss isn't linear. We all wish it was, but sometimes the body does weird things when we make big changes. It may just need some time to settle down.

And please don't undereat like that. It's a sure way to increase your stress and cortisol levels, not to mention things like muscle loss and vitamin deficiencies over time.
  • Beaudom91
    Beaudom91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It took a month before the scale started to move for me, after that I began losing in a predictable pattern of stalls and drops which is totally normal. I didn't lose the predictided amount each week but across the course of the month I'd end up about where I was supposed to be.
  • ayshakool
    ayshakool Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I m hypothyroidism patient myself and i have lost 15 pounds so far in two months. Make sure to use food scale everytime and log each & every thing!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    If your thyroid levels are under control, you weight loss equation is no different to anyone else's.

Obviously you should be getting your thyroxine levels monitored regularly, like everyone on thyroxine.

True story: Paperpudding n = 1 ..........

lost weight to my goal over 10 months in 2013. Maintained it since.
    In 2016, developed thyroid tumour and had to have surgery to remove half my thyroid and commence on thyroxine medication
    Levels monitored, of course.

Maintained on exactly same calories before and after this. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Severely hyothyroid for 17 years, properly controlled with meds (dosage of which has required adjustment a few times).

At age 59-60, lost 50+ pounds in just less than a year, and have maintained a healthy weight for nearly 2 years since.

Certainly, check in with your doctor, if you're concerned your thyroid hormone levels are off.

If they're fine, look for the problem elsewhere, among common causes of lackluster weight loss. But don't go to crazy low calories (like 1000) to start: It's not healthy, and the overwhelming majority of women your weight will lose well on more.

Best wishes!
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hi all finally i have started a new diet that is very strict calorie counting on Jan 1. today is 3rd and have lost 2 kgs. thank God!!
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have you been to your Endocrinologist? Make sure you are taking the correct dosage. I have hypo and and losing weight, calories in calories out.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Maybe you just being too impatient? 4 weeks on a diet and no loss. And then 3 weeks on a diet and no loss. Now 5 days on and a bit of a loss.

How long between these diet stints? Why do you stop? What do you eat between?

You should not have to drop your calories to 1000. If that's true then you need to contact your doctor to have your medication reevaluated. Even if you've been on the same meds/dose for a while with success, sometimes changes are needed.

Seeing your doctor may be a good idea. At least then you'll know if that is the cause or not. If not, then try a more reasonable deficit and stick with it longer. Sometimes it takes longer to see results on the scale.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I am hypothyroid and have lost over 100 pounds. I say that to let you know it can be done. I remember when my thyroid issue was diagnosed. I thought "ok, now I'll lose weight". Nope. I didn't lose an ounce. But I did feel better. My headaches went away and my constipation went away. That feeling that I was exhausted all the time got better.

We all have a tendency to hope that we aren't losing because of hormones but honestly it is often more a matter of how much we eat and how little we move. Definately if you have signs of low thyroid go and get it checked again but to lose weight make sure you are weighing everything and logging everything including a bite of this and a bite of that. Go for a walk or a swim or something to get some exercise. Find something you like to do. You will lose and it might take a bit longer than expected but trust me you will get there. Good luck.