The Diamond Challenge: Week 3 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Qotd Thursday: what excuses do you use to eat something you shouldn't and how could you change this?

I shouldn't have ate alot of stuff todya and I really didn't have an excuse I didn't and don't know what is wrong with me I'm like a bottomless pit . I don't get my period anymore but it is like I'm getting it anyway , crazy how can I change this? I wish I knew HELP!!!!!!
  • LoraEllen
    Options
    Question of the Day- Friday August 5th (TGIF!!!!)

Reflect on this challenge since Day 1..........What have you learned and what have you changed as a result of being a Little Diamond?
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

Reflect on this challenge since Day 1..........What have you learned and what have you changed as a result of being a Little Diamond?

I have hovered around my goal during this round and am trying to learn to maintain, tougher than I expected as I am a bit of an all or nothing kinda girl. I think I am trying to get to grips with having a goal 'zone' and not being too upset if the weight creeps up a little, as long as it is near to my goal.
    I have also learnt that I love running during this challenge and ran 5k for the first time, then increased the distance to over 6km. Would love to be able to take part in a 10km road race next year.

Hope there is going to be another round of diamonds... no news yet? xx
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options

I gained a few more friends and enjoy the little competition. It makes me work a little harder to lose the weight. I love it.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I learned that I prefer the positive support from Diamonds as opposed to negative that I was receiving from another challenge. I like the friendly competition that this challenge offers. I like feeling like I am part of a team/group. You girls rock!! :bigsmile:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I have been on MFP for a while now, I started at 210lbs so I have come quite a long way and I am getting closer to my goal weight, but I had become a little unmotivated and had been thinking that my current weight was "good enough" . Since joining the Little Diamonds I like feeling part of the team and having a reason to keep giving my best (even though I have still struggled the last week or so) but seeing everyones great results last week (and my not so great results) has given me the boost I needed to get back on track :smile:

I have realized that I am worth the effort and if I feel good now, imagine how great I will feel when I get to my ultimate goal weight :bigsmile:
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

I guess I have learned to control the amount I eat; however, a lot of that came from being on Weight Watchers before MFP! From being in this challenge, I've learned that having a partner (and group) to report to helps keep me on track more!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I've learned that I am definitely not alone on this journey of being a healthier person. I love being a part of a team because it's not as easy to justify one more treat when I know I will be accountable to my team members and partner that are relying on me to do my very best.
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options

I have made new friends, who are extremely supportive and really funny!!!! It has made me work out harder and become more accountable for my eating habits.
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options

I've learned that I'm not alone in this and that there are other people out there with the same goals as me / people who are struggling with the same things I am when it comes to weight loss.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Sorry that my Wednesday question didn't apply to many of you. After 3 rounds of The Diamond Challenge, I'm running out of questions that haven't already been covered.

Ha ha! I had to Google some question ideas! I'm in the same boat :-)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I have been doing this challenge for a while, but I feel that I always come away with a new outlook! This round I was able to communicate just with you petite ladies, and I have to say that it was an amazing experience! I saw many of you struggle the way I do with losing smaller amounts of weight, and while I knew this to be the case it was refreshing to find that I was truly not alone! I love my Diamonds!
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day- Friday August 5th (TGIF!!!!) Reflect on this challenge since Day 1..........What have you learned and what have you changed as a result of being a Little Diamond?

I'm starting to learn a bit more self control. I've had a few cases where I've been tested, and while I haven't been perfect, my eating behaviour has improved so much compared to before. I like having a partner to talk through the issues with. Sometimes just putting it out there for someone who understands what you're going through just makes the burden easier to bear. I also find that I'm much more careful about what I eat so that I don't let my partner or my team down.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I've learned there are some awesome people who support me when I'm struggling and frustrated, not just when things are good. Likewise, my partner Kimi131 will be a lifelong friend! We've gone thru a bit together these last few weeks and I couldn't ask for a better buddy! (She even tolerates my random texts!) :wink:
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: What is your favorite meal? By this I mean the meal that you most look/looked forward to, without regards to calories. Now, can you make it MFP-worthy?

One of my favorite food is pizza. I now enjoy making pita pepperoni pizza.
    [/quote]
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day - Wednesday: How have your new healthier habits (eating healthier, exercising, etc.) affected your significant other and/or child(ren)?

I'm single with no children. However, many of my healthier habits are rubbing off on my sister and my friends. Many of them have started to workout more and we often talk about our eating habits and how we could eat healthier.
  • yacekl
    Options

since day 1 of this challenge I have been sick and it really has been a challenge for me I'm still struggleing with my food and exercise. I thought this cold, ear / throat infection was gone and now it is back and I'm going for the food to try to make me feel better. I know this is wrong . However the last challenge with the diamonds was my first and I was so excited and did very well losing every week and the thing I learned was to be consistant with tracking and exercising and the weight will come off. but having the contact with my partner was the best it was inspiring and just knowing that someone cared what i was doing and I cared what they did really was so motivational.
  • yacekl
    Options
    I have the QOTD for monday august 8 and I'm posting now so you all have it early tomorrow.

QOTD: What is your favorite movie or book if your the reading type? Do you prefer romance comedy , thriller, horror, insprirational ect...?

I have a few my favorite type of movie is romance and comedy, so therfore I like the Wedding Planner, pride and prejudice the one with kerriah knightly and the modern version. How to lose a guy in 10 days. Just love those happy endings. to all you diads have a great Monday:)
  • yacekl
    Options
    meant Diamonds:embarassed:
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm going to answer this while I have the opportunity...getting busy at work so need to reduce the amount of time I check MFP during the day:

I love audiobooks (not a big fan of sappy romance novels...LOL)

As far as movies...I like quite a few different types, but horror would be at the top of the list. Here are a few of my favorite movies:

- The Notebook
    - All the Twilight movies (TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!)
    - Ten Things I Hate About You
    - Pirates of the Caribbean
    - Harry Potter

I can watch some movies over and over and over...LOL