I'm all fat, but not round or large

Options
I enjoyed my thin body for nearly 50 years. A rare illness, prednisone and gallbladder removal caused rapid weight gain and a sedentary life style. I have no muscles, celulite everywhere. I can't get motivated to exercise. I live in the Redwood National Park full of gorgeous trails and beaches. But I'm alone so find excuses to watch TV. Usually my go to excuse is nothing to wear. I need layers of workout clothes as it is cold in the shade, hot in the sun, shoes I can get wet, or remove in the sand. 2018 my goal is to just get dressed and put my shoes on everyday. 2017 was mostly jammies and slippers. Having my gallbladder removed 5/31/17 food hurts me. I start with 2 egg omellette and go back to bed uncomfortable with bloat trying to digest it. I just started on fresh pineapple to aid in digestion. If anyone has a plan to feel better after eating please advise.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,761 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :) I know it can seem overwhelming when you start. Remember that weight loss begins in the kitchen and fitness comes with the exercise. And Rome wasn't built in a day. ;)

You may find it helpful to start tracking everything you're currently eating - weighing foods in grams and measuring liquids in mls. Track here on your MFP food diary. Once you know how much you are currently consuming, it's easier to see how much you might need to reduce/adjust. Start with a smaller goal of maybe 5-10 pounds so it seems less daunting. ;)

As for exercise, there are many things you can do in the comfort of your home. Instead of watching "regular" TV, check YouTube for fitness videos and try a few of those. Even 10 minutes at a time is a good start and better for you than just sitting on the couch.

I can't help with the gall bladder, but hopefully some of our members that have had the surgery can recommend foods that are less likely to make you feel so uncomfortable.

Best wishes to you on your journey. You'll find lots of support here. :)
  • yaddakadu
    yaddakadu Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No exercise needed to lose weight. It can all be done in the kitchen! Just be sure to be honest with your calorie counting. Sorry about all the surgeries you've had. Sounds rough. Small goals are admirable. Do what's right for you!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You have my sympathy. This time last year I was about where you are in terms of struggling to get dressed and take a shower every day (benign but very large ovarian tumor cranking out nasty hormones, plus lupus, plus diabetes.) I was fortunate to get my health issues mainly under control and things got easier after that. But I completely understand how impossible it can feel to do even the simplest thing when you're physically miserable.

When I was recovering from surgery, my go-to exercise was my stationary bike. It's indoors so no weather or clothing related excuses, plus you can increase or decrease the intensity depending on how you feel. I got mine free from someone who didn't use it - ask around, you would be surprised what equipment people have going unused in their spare room. If you don't have access to a bike, YouTube has workout videos of all kinds, including low intensity short ones. Do something for five minutes even if you don't do anything else. If you have cans or water bottles, you can do arm exercises while watching TV. You can watch it while high-stepping in place. Every little bit helps, and the more you do, the more you will be able to do.

I wish I could help with your pain after eating - the only advice I have is, don't let your doctors dismiss your concerns, tell them you are in pain and insist they do something about it. It can help to have a second person go with you who is stronger than you and can fight for you when you're not up to fighting.