"seeing what I would look like at my proper weight

Options
This might be an odd question, but does anyone know of a way to see what I would look like when I lose my fat? Is there a web site, that I can upload a picture of me and it would show me what I would look like after loosing 80 #?, I found one once, years ago, but all it did was make me smaller, fat face and rolls still there.
I've never been a proper weight, I've always been over weight, so I have no idea what I might look like, I would think seeing how good I'd look, would help me stay on track.

Thoughts?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not quite what you're looking for but http://www.mybodygallery.com might be of interest.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'll check it out, thanks
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have an app called "My Model" I'm not sure if it's just on IOS, but it will show what you will look like at any weight.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    "Model My Diet" has a virtual weight simulator: modelmydiet.com
    It doesn't show you "you" but it creates a before and after body based on weight. You can also put in body shape, face, hair color. I think it's pretty cool.
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    kabrina30 wrote: »

Neat but be careful when entering the shape of your body. I have wide hips but small waist so I entered pear and it gave an almost straight line shape from waist to upper thighs. Not my real shape. I entered hour glass and I got a better model of my shape.

I really like model"my diet.com." It seems more real.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    "Model My Diet" has a virtual weight simulator: modelmydiet.com
    It doesn't show you "you" but it creates a before and after body based on weight. You can also put in body shape, face, hair color. I think it's pretty cool.

Really liked this. Gives me hope and a bit more motivation. Brilliant app. Found it easily on my laptop.

• lucerorojo
    Options
    Change in Seconds is good to get a 3D view. Thank you for sharing it. I compared my goal weight with a few potential goal weights under it, and realized that if my body actually looks similiar to that when I reach it, my goal weight would be good enough. The difference under it for about 15 lbs. was hardly noticeable-- 15 more than that (what I weighed in high school) as it is on the dummy is much too thin for me at my current age (52). Of course it's just a simulation and each body is different, but I think these tools are helpful and inspiring.
  • DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Change in Seconds is good to get a 3D view. Thank you for sharing it. I compared my goal weight with a few potential goal weights under it, and realized that if my body actually looks similiar to that when I reach it, my goal weight would be good enough. The difference under it for about 15 lbs. was hardly noticeable-- 15 more than that (what I weighed in high school) as it is on the dummy is much too thin for me at my current age (52). Of course it's just a simulation and each body is different, but I think these tools are helpful and inspiring.

Genuinely curious, why is it too thin for you at 52? When people say these things about their age, I’m not sure I understand. I hope it doesn’t hurt to ask.
  • lucerorojo
    Options
    DmaMfz wrote: »

Genuinely curious, why is it too thin for you at 52? When people say these things about their age, I’m not sure I understand. I hope it doesn’t hurt to ask.

No problem. A few reasons:
    1. My metabolism is slower at this age than it was 30 years ago. I am active but I do not have the time to exercise (once I reach goal weight) to maintain a very low weight. I will be at the top of the healthy BMI.
    2. I was 3 cup sizes smaller at age 18. I am not getting a boob job to make them fit that body.
    3. I look young now, like I'm in my thirties. Part of that is genetics, part of that is fat. The fat in the face fills out wrinkles. At a very low weight I would lose all of that cushion.
    4. Along with #2, women's bodies usually fill out. The 18 year old body I had was a teenager body before that happened. My mother has lost a lot of weight (not purposely) in her old age. That will probably happen to me 25 years from now. I don't need to waste away to nothing...
  • 2baninja
    Options
    great, thank you all, I'll give them a try and see what I find.
  • Velvettpeach
    Velvettpeach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sites, great motivators. Will have a look when I think of reaching for the chocolate biscuits!
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sites, great motivators. Will have a look when I think of reaching for the chocolate biscuits!

Your welcome :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This might be an odd question, but does anyone know of a way to see what I would look like when I lose my fat? Is there a web site, that I can upload a picture of me and it would show me what I would look like after loosing 80 #?, I found one once, years ago, but all it did was make me smaller, fat face and rolls still there.
    I've never been a proper weight, I've always been over weight, so I have no idea what I might look like, I would think seeing how good I'd look, would help me stay on track.

Thoughts?

This could very well be you. But don't count on it too much.

I assumed (the first time I went on a serious diet) that I would look a certain way when I got to goal. Didn't happen. So I lowered my weight loss goal, and then lowered it some more. When I finally got to be underweight, I realized that I'm a pear. I had never been a thin adult before so I didn't know. I will always be a pear. Weight loss for me is about being healthy.

My point is people have body types. Look at your relatives. You might get to goal and be the "perfect" image you want to be, or maybe not. A moderate deficit, adequate protein and strength training can help you keep lean muscle....that can go a long way in shaping your weight loss results.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just recently had a dream where I was a great weight. I loved what I saw. It was motivational. Not like most of my ridiculous strange dreams. Lol
  • 2baninja
    Options
    I just recently had a dream where I was a great weight. I loved what I saw. It was motivational. Not like most of my ridiculous strange dreams. Lol

I wish I would have that dream, lol
  • 2baninja
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Thoughts?

This could very well be you. But don't count on it too much.

I assumed (the first time I went on a serious diet) that I would look a certain way when I got to goal. Didn't happen. So I lowered my weight loss goal, and then lowered it some more. When I finally got to be underweight, I realized that I'm a pear. I had never been a thin adult before so I didn't know. I will always be a pear. Weight loss for me is about being healthy.

My point is people have body types. Look at your relatives. You might get to goal and be the "perfect" image you want to be, or maybe not. A moderate deficit, adequate protein and strength training can help you keep lean muscle....that can go a long way in shaping your weight loss results.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'm an apple, but your right, I could be anything when I finally lose the weight.