Working parents with kids under 5

Options
Hi everyone,

I just started logging a few days ago. I'm 30, 219 lbs and I'm first looking to break the 200 barrier and then eventually get to 170, which was my pre-babies weight.

I work full-time at an intense job that I love and have 2 kids (3.5 and 1.5). So my day feels like a marathon from 7am to 8:30pm when my kids are both in bed (except I'm not running or losing weight!!) I also currently have alot of sleep deprivation because both my kids are not great sleepers. The sleepiness makes me hungrier and doesn't help someone trying to live a healthy life.

I'm posting for advice from parents of little ones who also don't alwayd get a full night's sleep and also have to balance work and family. What are your tips and tricks?

PS Please don't share parenting tips or how to get my kids to sleep. We all do things differently and our children are different people with different issues. These is no one-size-fits-all in parenting. I just want advice on how to eat healthy, not snack, and exercise in busy parent's life.

Replies

• mandamackinnon28
    Options
    I myself try to keep the bad stuff out of the house. I work in a place with vending machines so I try to avoid them like the plague. I drink water as much as I can. It can keep you feeling full so you aren’t reaching for snacks. I keep plenty of healthy things ready to reach for in case it’s needed. I know I crave sugar at the end of the day sometimes, so I have Fibre One treats. They have cinnamon, lime and lemon flavour, brownies and granola bars. It’s a low cal treat at the end of the day, so you get the satisfaction you need from it, and it isn’t too unhealthy.
  • mandyrene21
    mandyrene21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. Sleep is most important so of you can't exercise because you need to go to bed so be it. It will help you to make better food choices.

Good luck! Hope the kiddos start sleeping better for you soon!
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Same boat. I have a 14 month old that still wakes during the night. Im always exhausted. Having a hard time fitting in healthy habits.