Konjac to curb hunger.

Options
2»

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Eat more. You don't need to feel like you're starving to lose weight. 1200 cals is certainly not necessary at 5'3" and 158lbs. Take it from someone who is 5'1" and went through my 1200cal phase already. It landed me right back where I started. 1200cals is for people who are EXTREMELY sedentary, extremely small statured, or have very low metabolism (think seniors). If you're younger to middle aged, in school or a desk job, you probably still need to eat more than 1200 cals. Add in another healthy snack at least. Don't ignore your body's hunger pains telling you you need to eat something.

Did you read the part where she’s old, doesn't
    Move around much And has to rely on a mobility scooter to get around ?
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Eat more. You don't need to feel like you're starving to lose weight. 1200 cals is certainly not necessary at 5'3" and 158lbs. Take it from someone who is 5'1" and went through my 1200cal phase already. It landed me right back where I started. 1200cals is for people who are EXTREMELY sedentary, extremely small statured, or have very low metabolism (think seniors). If you're younger to middle aged, in school or a desk job, you probably still need to eat more than 1200 cals. Add in another healthy snack at least. Don't ignore your body's hunger pains telling you you need to eat something.

Nope, missed that. Disregard my comment
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options

It's surprising and refreshing seeing someone who would actually require the 1200 cal limit using it instead of the usual. I apologize, I missed the part in the middle of the thread where OP said they were immobile.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

It's surprising and refreshing seeing someone who would actually require the 1200 cal limit using it instead of the usual. I apologize, I missed the part in the middle of the thread where OP said they were immobile.

I agree, for most people looking to loose a few
    Pounds it’s not necessary, or their looking for a quick fix. In this case it might help and at the end of the day it’s only a little fibre
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you wefts, there isn't a Walmart here so I have order some Best Naturals Glucomannan Weight Loss Pure Powder from Konjac Root, from Amazon. Will it mix with natural yogurt? I thought of adding it to my brunch.

I get it from the netrition site I get most of my fiber supplements there they have good prices just the orange drink mix was from walmart but crystal light is in most stores and tastes the same the walmart one is just cheaper. if you take it in yogurt drink 8-16 oz of water because it is the interaction with the water or other liquid ( like jello does ) that slows the digestion and makes you feel more satisfied
    I am down 1 more lb today ! 39 lbs lost over almost 7 months , so now more than 1/2 way to goal . little at a time you can do this !
  • sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Read this wrong, wondered how this guy would make you not want to eat....

;).hhfs23xa7r7q.jpg
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    and the op is 84 congrats you make me feel like a 58 year old spring chick !
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thank you and bless your heart. Both of you. :smiley:
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    wefts wrote: »
    Thank you wefts, there isn't a Walmart here so I have order some Best Naturals Glucomannan Weight Loss Pure Powder from Konjac Root, from Amazon. Will it mix with natural yogurt? I thought of adding it to my brunch.

I get it from the netrition site I get most of my fiber supplements there they have good prices just the orange drink mix was from walmart but crystal light is in most stores and tastes the same the walmart one is just cheaper. if you take it in yogurt drink 8-16 oz of water because it is the interaction with the water or other liquid ( like jello does ) that slows the digestion and makes you feel more satisfied
    I am down 1 more lb today ! 39 lbs lost over almost 7 months , so now more than 1/2 way to goal . little at a time you can do this !
    Thank you again and congratulations, you are doing well! I will have a look at that site. I think that sort of thing is a lot cheaper in the US than here in the UK.

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Protein and/or fat generally fill me up more than carbs. You might look at your percentages and adjust so you're getting more protein/fat (without changing your calories). What I've done is change my eating schedule - I've replaced lunch with a couple of light snacks during the day so I have more calories left over for the evening; you might want to hold back calories for later in the evening since daytime isn't a problem for you.

From what I've read, konjac is safe, but can cause intestinal distress. I believe it messes with blood sugar, so if you're diabetic you'll want to check with your doctor before using it. I've had the noodles and didn't care particularly for the texture but with enough sauce anything tastes good. :D
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it didn't do diddly-squat. Even taking 7-8 konjac tablets and chugging tons of water. Just made me feel nauseous and didn't effect my hunger levels whatsoever. Save your money.

Try adding more high-volume low-calorie foods to your day. Fresh fruit and veg, lean proteins, eggs, etc.
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Protein and/or fat generally fill me up more than carbs. You might look at your percentages and adjust so you're getting more protein/fat (without changing your calories). What I've done is change my eating schedule - I've replaced lunch with a couple of light snacks during the day so I have more calories left over for the evening; you might want to hold back calories for later in the evening since daytime isn't a problem for you.

From what I've read, konjac is safe, but can cause intestinal distress. I believe it messes with blood sugar, so if you're diabetic you'll want to check with your doctor before using it. I've had the noodles and didn't care particularly for the texture but with enough sauce anything tastes good. :D
    Thank you. Besides arthritis I'm fine except For high blood pressure which rose with my weight. Hopefully it will also lower with my weight. I will take your advice about protein and fats. I know I didn't used to eat as many carbs as I do now. They just sort of crept up on me.. Note to self; must eat sensibly. :s