We're All Still Kids Inside

Options
dragonbug300
dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
So MFP-ers, what are some childhood hobbies that you're still privy to? Movies you still love after years and years? Tendencies you haven't stopped? Favorite toys you can't part with? Do tell!

Replies

• cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i sleep with a stuffed camel and love most of Hannah Montana's music :D
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I still play with Legos, play video games and most important live like an adult and still play like a kid.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    When I received my Nintendo it was all gaming for me since then. From Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, Xbox, Wii, Kinect, and Xbox 360....

I don't think I would ever give up that part of me :)
  • sulugirl
    sulugirl Posts: 17
    Options
    I have almost every single teddy bear I have ever owned, yet only one is still kept out in the bedroom. Yes, I put her on the bed. Boyfriend hates it, so he demanded that he be able to put his own stuffed animal on the bed (he bought a Mario mushroom). We're even there. I'm still pretty impulsive like I was when I was little, I get loud when I'm excited about something and I still have a killer pout just like I did when I was about 5 years old.

Movies... Never Ending Story. Still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy every single time I watch it.
  • dragonbug300
    Options
    :D That's adorable.
    I keep my favorite stuffed dog on a shelf by my bed.
    And I may or may not still check on my Neopets account... daily...
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    if I fine a cartoon I watched when I was a kid I still watch it I have a bunh of salior moon movies I love that teen nick brought back the 90s
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I still sleep with a stuffed animal (sometimes) - a pillow pet dragon.

I own a house and have an entire "art room" so that I can make as big a mess with my projects as I want.

My most favorite meal is the same one since I was like 8: Turkey and cheddar cheese sammich on Mrs. Baird's bread, cheetos, a coke, and 3 chips ahoy cookies. I've eaten some variation of this meal most days a week since I can remember - although without the cookies lately.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Yo-yos. I love it and am fairly good at it to! Also, I love Peanuts cartoons, especially A Charlie Brown Christmas.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i still have my beany bear from when I was born all those 34 years ago and my daughter loves him now, i still love the film the never ending story which was my favourite from childhood, i still love kiddie sweets and still think in terms of when I grow up - begining to think I never will hehehehe x
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I still watch all the Charlie Brown holiday specials when they are on TV...They are classics!

I was at a block party last weekend and after the kids played musical chairs the DJ asked all the adults to play...it was so much fun and we were just as competitive as the kids...the only difference was the adult winner got a bottle of wine at the end!
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    I still play hard and laugh like a little kid!!!!! I dont want to ever change!!!!!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Bubble baths...I don't think I'll ever outgrow them!
  • dragonbug300
    Options
    i still have my beany bear from when I was born all those 34 years ago and my daughter loves him now, i still love the film the never ending story which was my favourite from childhood, i still love kiddie sweets and still think in terms of when I grow up - begining to think I never will hehehehe x

Heehee... I have to admit I can't part with all those beanie babies I collected when I was a kid. I'm hoping either my brother or I have a kid so I can pass them on.
  • msbeavert
    Options
    I sleep with a stuffed Elmo every single night (even had him with me in the hospital when I birthed my babies)
    I still play video games (LOVE Mario Bros)
    And....I like to color when I'm stressed.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    spongebob squarepants!... that is all.
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    I like to call people and breath real heavy into the phone
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I play all day long being a mom. Love legos and playdough! Im an artist but when I sit down with construction paper and those little oval watercolors.... all I seem to be able to paint are apple trees and rainbows. My mom still has all my old cabbage patch dolls and when I go to her house, I have to go peek at them. Makes me feel little again.

Also, I used to think if I had any body parts sticking out of the covers that a monster would come eat it. So, I still have to be neatly tucked all under my sheets. Even in the summer when its hot! haha
  • cjcarson87
    Options
    :D That's adorable.
    I keep my favorite stuffed dog on a shelf by my bed.
    And I may or may not still check on my Neopets account... daily...

haha omg neopets! i forgot about that....now i gotta remember my login...
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

How'd you get my number?!