Transformation photo and story

Options
I hadn’t struggled with weight until my mid 20’s. I played football in college so I always had a decent physique. Once I finished playing I became much more sedentary, and that’s when the lbs starting coming on. I had to find something to fill the void of football so I turned to powerlifting. In powerlifting it really wasn’t about being aesthetic just who can lift the most weight. That didn’t help either because as the weight came up so did my numbers in competition. I became very self conscious with my physique even though I performed well in powerlifting. When I finally decided to make a change January of 2017, and took my before pictures I saw just how out of hand my weight had become. I had to use a CPAP at night because I was so big. My starting weight was 278, as I have lost weight it hasn’t always been easy. The workouts are most definitely the easy part for me because that has always been apart of my lifestyle, but changing my eating behaviors was extremely difficult. You can see I had ups and downs in my weight in the progress picture but staying the course and getting back on track was key. I’m down to 211 and have lost 67 lbs. my body fat has gone from 42% down to 19%. It has been quite the journey and I’m excited for the continued progress. xjmpa8svr46y.jpeg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!