Options

Replies

• nicki7584
    Options
    Oh, and Armageddon.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    :noway: OMG I can not believe you guys missed one... you covered almost everything else...

TOP GUN....

when Goose dies?:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad:
  • mburris
    Options
    Will not watch Ole Yeller or Where the Red Fern Grows.

I have not seen Marley & Me, but read the book. That was enough.

Beaches

Steel Magnolias.

If you want to read another Nicholas Sparks tear jerker " At First Sight". You have to read "True Believer" first. I cried for 20 minutes.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    What dreams may come. Is the saddest movie I have ever seen and I am not aloud to watch it when hubs is home because he says all I do is cry through the whole thing. I hits really close to home. I think that is why it makes me cry so much.

OOOOHHH, I had forgotten this one..

I completely agree - this one totally guts me.. it ends up happy at the end, but until you get there it is gut wrenchingly sad and hopeless..

Maybe it hits me this way because it is close to home for me as well. I lost my sister a few years ago and am still trying to cope some days.

Thanks for remembering..

You all came up with some really great ones that I had forgotten. Anything with a small child or animal just makes me sob..

thanks for posting..

janiebeth
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Dances With Wolves
    Color Purple
    Life Is Beautiful
    (Ha ha) I was going to say Where the Heart Is
    Shindler's List

OOOOH YA! Life Is Beautiful! Subtitles and everything that one makes me laugh so much and then makes me cry so much! Good choice!

I also cry at any happy ending involving families. Even "Home Alone" makes me cry at the end. I'm such a softie.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Most of the one's you all have already mentioned...plus these...

The Bridges of Madison County:brokenheart: , *kitten* Out of Carolina:cry: , Mask:sad:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Away from Her

OMG I don't think I STOPPED crying. It's about an older couple when the man has to admit his wife to a nursing home, she alzeihmer's (spelling) really bad. I think it really got to me because it was like that with my great grandparents.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    The Notebook...

That one is the worst for me, I can't even watch it lol

I'm sure there are others like My Dog Skip, I cried walking out of the theater, I can't watch any movies with dogs dying because it reminds me of my first dog so yeah, the scene in I Am Legend was a killer b/c my first dog was a German Shepherd too :cry:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    The Notebook...

That one is the worst for me, I can't even watch it lol

I'm sure there are others like My Dog Skip, I cried walking out of the theater, I can't watch any movies with dogs dying because it reminds me of my first dog so yeah, the scene in I Am Legend was a killer b/c my first dog was a German Shepherd too :cry:

I am legend killed me too with his poor dog :sad:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The Thorn Birds :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    My Mom and I cried through the entire mini series...
    Laura
  • lacijae
    Options
    Omg yes! Pay It Forward has me bawling all the way through! I also can't sit through A Walk To Remember without tearing up:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • cheri822
    cheri822 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of you here,
    City of Angels
    The Notebook
    The Green Mile
    Click .. which I totally didn't expect to cry but I did.

I cried reading "A Walk to Remember" but the movie was not nearly as good as the book.
    Also reading "My Sisters Keeper" I cried like a baby.
  • shay12
    shay12 Posts: 20
    Options
    fried green tomatoes. edward scissor hand, bridges over madison county
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Showgirls! It breaks my heart when she leaves Vegas to pursue a different life!
  • beagle595
    Options
    I never saw the Notebook or Where the red fern grows... Everything else I saw and of course made me cry. My husband laughs at me. I watched Secret of Bees Sunday and I had a good sob. I have an identical twin and she's going thru a lot right now so it affected me even more. :flowerforyou: Great stress releiver! And hell I probably lost a pound or two of water! :laugh: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Beagle, you HAVE to watch The Notebook! You HAVE to!!!!! RUN! HURRY!!! :laugh:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    So this is totally stupid but I looked up "Stand by Me" on youtube after we talked about sad movies and I saw the clip where the kid is SOBBING about how his dad doesn't love him... and yup you guess it...

I cried. :sad: :sad:

I'm such a big baby lol.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Bambi.

it's not a movie, it's a cartoon, but one that really gets me is "The Ugly Duckling" .

Deep end of the Ocean

Bucket List
  • amndjo325
    Options
    There was a movie that was called "The Cure" it was about this little boy who got AIDS from a blood transfusion and it was in the 80's so none of the other kids would play with him- they were all afraid to catch it. So there's only one little boy who will be his friend. Anyway they hear about down in New Orleans there is a doctor who has a cure for AIDS(of course this isn't true, but the kids believe it). So they set off on a raft down the Mississippi river together, and along the way the AIDS kid is getting sicker and sicker. When they stop to camp, the AIDS kid tells his friend that he hates waking up in the dark cuz' he wonders if he has already died. and maybe that's what death is like, all alone in the dark, and so his friend gives him his shoe, and tells him that when you wake up and you smell my shoe you'll know you aren't dead. So long story short, of course, AIDS kid dies, and the friend isn't supposed to go to his funeral cuz the parents kinda blame him, and at the end he walks up to the casket and puts his shoe in there.

I sobbed like a part of my soul had died. Most tear inducing movie I EVER saw.

and more recently, Gran Torino had me bawling too. Especially (SPOILER) when he says goodbye to his dog.

I JUST WATCHED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO ON HBO! I cried like a baby when he died!

Also, terms of endearment, steel magnolias, fried green tomatoes, ps i love you...
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    When I just want a good cry I pop in P.S. I love you. I know its cheesy, but its my one chick-flicky indulgence.

I can't watch anything sad with children in it. If something bad EVER happens to a child - especially a baby - in a movie I have to switch it off. I even have a problem with Labrynth. :laugh: Its so sad because that baby is actually crying in those shots. Like somebody pinched it. :angry: I don't understand parents who can let their babies cry for the camera. :mad:

I cried 7 times during P.S. I Love You!

I always cry when I watch Ghost too, at the exact same part! ('Ditto')

Old Yeller! That one is sad too :(