Exercise Withdrawl

Options
I have noticed that if I can't get in some form of activity of exercise at least once a day I get in a "mood". Does anyone else experience this?

Replies

• juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - big time! Need those endorphins!! :bigsmile:
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    Yes, I have been having it the last few days because I think I have "runner's knee" and can't get in to see my doctor until Monday.
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YES! Makes me so crabby and grumpy!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Omg! I soo do to. I actually sometimes make myself sick thinking about it, I feel guilty.
  • rstudebaker52
    rstudebaker52 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I didn't realize how negative my mood was all the time until I started exercising and my boyfriend commented on how much better my mood was. I did fall off the exercise wagon recently and noticed my mood was suffering. Since I've been back to the gym this week for three days in a row, I feel fantastic. Hopefully I can remember to use this as incentive if I want to fall off the wagon again.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Oh boy, do I! Just ask my husband how pissy I get if I haven't been able to workout! LOL
  • amyjthomas
    Options
    I feel real guilty when I don't get to the gym.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I feel cranky and depressed if I don't do at least 30 minutes on my elliptical every day.... :sad:
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I can manage stress MUCH better on my WO days. DOR (like today) I feel guilty about not working out, but I know I need the break. But in the meantime every little thing gets to me more than if I'd worked out - plus I miss the extra cals I get :)
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I notice it more longterm. I didn't work out for a good month or more and I felt I missed working out. Glad to be back on the wagon though. It's only workout #2 today, but I still can't wait to get there and get it done!
  • HeidiSBond
    HeidiSBond Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YES! It kinda feels like cabin fever. I hurt myself this week and yesterday I totally took the day off from exercise...felt a bit crazy!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Absolutely! I exercise daily for the sake of my kids. It would suck for them to be around an impatient grouch of a Mommy. Exercise keeps that beast at bay.
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    yes! i broke my leg in may and actually cried in the drs office and begged him to let me workout, he was a jerk and told me to get over myself. i worked out anyway. ha!
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I have noticed that if I can't get in some form of activity of exercise at least once a day I get in a "mood". Does anyone else experience this?

/raises hand!! I DO!!!

my rest day is on Wed. AND to me that day is the slowest draggy crappy day ever. When you exercise your brain releases endorphins which is your HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY stuff :) So yes I get in a mood because I am addicted to endorphins.