Help!

Options
Hi i need some help! I am a 20 year old girl 5'4 and i weigh 158lbs i have tried watching what i eat and it doesn't seem to help i work from 8:30 in the morning til 7:30 at night and when i get home i seem to have no energy to perform the excercise i need to! Can anyone make a suggestion to help me out?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 80% nutrition, 20% fitness so if you have absolutely 0 time now, focus on your calories and you will lose weight. Working out keeps your heart healthy and will help you tone-up and look better.
  • agemanar
    Options
    Try and do something before you start work if you can or on your break, you must have a lunch break or something. it doesnt have to bean one hour exercise, few lunges, squats, pushups :) power walk....anything really :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I agree -concentrate on your nutrition and food intake - get some exercise in if you can but that's not your primary concern.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see exactly what you're eating...it is really hard to offer any 'good' advice.

As Heather mentioned, nutrition is key! That is definitely the place to start...as even without an exercise plan, eating right...you will/can lose weight.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from. I work 12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week. I always try to work out on my days off and some work days I'll get up early and work out before work. Yea, it sucks, but my no pain no gain.

As mentioned, weight loss is mostly from how you eat. I pack healthy low-cal snacks and a nutritious lunch (recently I'm on a egg-salad sandwich kick). Thankfully, my boyfriend or my roommate usually cook dinner when I have to work but if you have to cook dinner for yourself, try to make some dinners ahead of time on your day off so you can just stick them in the oven or microwave when you get home from work.

Good luck!
  • samblam
    samblam Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks for the feedback everyone! could anyone suggest some quick and easy meals to make? i tend to eat a lot of pasta and i know there tends to be alot of carbs in pasta dishes so i am looking for some alternatives that are quick and easy as well as healthy!
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback everyone! could anyone suggest some quick and easy meals to make? i tend to eat a lot of pasta and i know there tends to be alot of carbs in pasta dishes so i am looking for some alternatives that are quick and easy as well as healthy!

It's tough, pasta is so easy and cheap. It's ok though if you bulk your pasta dish up with lots of veggies and some lean meat.. I like chicken or turkey kielbasa with mine (though kielbasa can have a lot of sodium).
    Other ideas are:
    Chicken breast or tenders pan grilled and with a big salad.
    Grilled Portabella mushroom cap on a wheat hamburger roll with avocado and sauteed onion and red peppers.
    Baked chicken drumsticks brushed with barbecue sauce or a yummy glaze like honey+whole grain mustard or honey+chopped chipotle pepper if you like it spicy.
    Steamed frozen veggies are always a quick and easy side.