Keto Users

Options
I am new to the Ketogenic diet. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• IamMelting2018
    IamMelting2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting back on keto after a break that resulted in a big gain. Keto is the only way for me and my health issues. One person that has been such an inspiration to me is ketoincanada on instagram. She also has a MFP account.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Join this group for keto and low carb information. There are tips in the announcements section. Or ask your questions in the forums.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • vickiljames
    vickiljames Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just starting too....probably about a month now; but seriously from 1/1/18. Doing IF , so only eating between 4-8pm. Had to get electrolytes for the cramps I was having, but luckily they have subsided somewhat. I think the key is to take one day at a time and plod on with it. I am 65yo so know that my losses will not be as dramatic as younger participants. But a loss is still a loss and I would be happy with that. Mostly I want to ditch the dreaded belly fat that won't budge and in fact keeps expanding!!! I am hoping IF will have an effect on this. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • Izurin
    Izurin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started back on Keto on DEC 15th. Wanted to just jump in and not wait till new years, I've lost 13 pounds already in that short span of time!
  • heathersloss1980
    heathersloss1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I can't wait to get serious, meal prepped for 4 days just now and got all my recommended supplements.
  • TheWerebitch
    TheWerebitch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best tip I can give you is keep it SIMPLE for a while (make a meat, make a veg, include fats like butter, and maybe eggs, do salads with fats like avocado and olive oil, etc) and you'll soon figure out what keto looks like. Fat adaption will make it easier too, and that's just when you're not naturally super hungry/hangry anymore. Lots of love and luck!
  • angmar56
    angmar56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd round or so doing Keto, and this time I stuck with it. I've lost 97 lbs and hope to round that out to 105, but if I stay where I am I won't complain. My only regret is that I didn't stick with it the first time, when I was younger and losing weight was so much easier. Good luck to all of you who are new to keto--IMO there's no easier, more pleasant way to lose weight and maintain your loss--and to you experienced low-carbers as well.
  • heathersloss1980
    heathersloss1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me to give this my best!!! I am loving how simple it actually is even though the internet can make it seem difficult. I am doing meal prep so I eat the same thing for 7 days then switch to new meals.
  • anniemc9
    anniemc9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started a Keto diet 3 months ago and have lost 42lbs. so far! My starting Weight was 248 and I'm 5'5". Keeping it simple at first is a great way to start. I don't like pork rinds, so when I want something crunchy, I'll eat a small amount of almonds or pecans to get over that crunch crave.
  • threepeenuts
    threepeenuts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I too just started doing Keto as well. There are a lot of great websites that have tonnes of food ideas. Try looking up Paleo-Leap; they have tonnes of Keto recipes :) They have an icon in top corner when you go on their website.
    I'm a mom so I'm trying to meal prep and make food that i can have alongside my family is my biggest hurdle, but this ^^^^ site I found helpful if you need some inspiration! Happy Keto-ing