weight loss ideas and general help needed

So it seems ive hit a flat spot, im all out of puff, whilst I have not gained weight which is a good thing, It has stagnated and I cant seem to get the scales moving downwards direction again, I might just need a few days off dieting and exercise to recharge the batteries, has anyone else experienced the same? or have other ideas to kick start things again

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Plateaus are not uncommon. Some people take a break from their calorie restriction for a few weeks. More discussion of these ideas here and here.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10624123/diet-break
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Eat at maintenance for a week and reassess how you feel. Has your normal routine been a bit too lean, perhaps?
  • Batmanjon75
    Batmanjon75 Posts: 8 Member
    Dunno, my program has worked well to this point losing nearly 10kg, I may up the intake a bit and see if that helps a bit
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    What's your current height and weight? And how many calories are you eating? And do you use a food scale?
  • Batmanjon75
    a food scale?? if u mean do I weigh my food then yes I do most of the time depending where I am,
    I am 173cm at 111.7kgs, up to 2000 cal per day, some days is a struggle to get there specially if i am at work
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    a food scale?? if u mean do I weigh my food then yes I do most of the time depending where I am,
    I am 173cm at 111.7kgs, up to 2000 cal per day, some days is a struggle to get there specially if i am at work

111 Kgs and only 2000 cals per day.

Logging is definitely your issue. I weigh 3-4 kilos less than you and lose .5-1 kilo a week at almost 3000 calories.
  • Batmanjon75
    [Nah I was definitely religious logging, I just hit that spot where mybody said no more, the heat where I work is a big killer, you struggle with food coz u r smashing down water all day, im over the hump and on the downward slide again
  • stanmann571
    [Nah I was definitely religious logging, I just hit that spot where mybody said no more, the heat where I work is a big killer, you struggle with food coz u r smashing down water all day, im over the hump and on the downward slide again

If you're legitimately only getting 2K calories a day as a 111 Kilo man, then you're probably headed for other problems. hair loss, etc.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    If you’ve been in a deficit for a while it might be good to try a diet break or reverse diet to get the metabolism out of a low calorie adapted state.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

If you're legitimately only getting 2K calories a day as a 111 Kilo man, then you're probably headed for other problems. hair loss, etc.

???

Depending on activity, his TDEE could be under 3K, so 2K would be 2 lb per week loss. Unless you know something about his activity levels from other threads?
  • stanmann571
    edited January 2018

???

Depending on activity, his TDEE could be under 3K, so 2K would be 2 lb per week loss. Unless you know something about his activity levels from other threads?

At 173 cm 111 Kg, his BMR is 2200. Based on his description of his Job, it's active and hot, and he has trouble making time to eat. If it's Hot, given that he's in Washington State, it's inside somewhere, probably some sort of industrial or factory work.

• joeydahatt
    joeydahatt Posts: 12 Member
    Your body is going to eventually find a way to attain equilibrium for the amount of activity you do and calories you intake. I stalled at 210 lbs after losing 20 lbs. I broke through that by incorporating intermittent fasting without changing daily calorie intake. That got me down another 10 lbs in a month. After stalling again I cycled carbs lower on cardio days and higher on weight training days. That got me down to 185 lbs in another 2 months.