Keto

Options
Hey all I'm back with keto and if anyone wants to follow me or has any questions just shout... Let's do this

Replies

• adventuresomefun4me
    Options
    I understand the percentage intake of fats, carbs etc... but how do you calculate that on the nutrition facts chart?
  • ShelliinSC
    ShelliinSC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What do you think is the best website/blog to read for beginners with ZERO knowledge re: Keto?
  • HappieZombie
    HappieZombie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into doing the keto thing too! I know several people who started their keto journey back in June 2017 and have already lost weight and improved their health. I want to make this a lifestyle not just a temporary weight loss fix. I'll be following for sure! I need all the help i can get!
  • Katychla
    Katychla Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I had great success on Keto last year after I broke my leg. My surgeon put me on the diet to avoid surgery (among other reasons, but losing weight helped a lot). I went from 210 to 180 in about 6 months before I got lazy and maintained. Now I’m back on the bandwagon and off to lose another 30. I’m excited and I’d love an accountabilibuddy. My friends list is rather sparse!
  • Katychla
    Katychla Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ShelliinSC wrote: »
    What do you think is the best website/blog to read for beginners with ZERO knowledge re: Keto?

I got most of my info from the FAQ on reddit located here.

A few tips:
    Try not to overthink it
    Learn to calculate net carbs early, it'll open a lot up to you. Net carbs = total carbs - fiber - sugar alcohols.
    Eat your veggies. Even when I'm being super strict, I consider green veggies free. Spinach, zucchini, kale, salads. I eat so much zucchini...
    Getting used to eating fat can be weird, especially if you've been scared off from it for a long time.
    Drink SO MUCH WATER. Seriously, add 'drinking water' to your list of hobbies.
    Don't get discouraged if you feel crappy the first week. IT GOES AWAY.
  • ShelliinSC
    ShelliinSC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Katychla! I am going to get started on my reading!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    ShelliinSC wrote: »

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb