Nude gym

Options

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'll only join if the women all look the equivalent of Salma Hayek.

In addition I will only go on women-only days.

0b1ukvdpe9nc.jpg
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with nudity, aside from my own insecurities... but I can't imagine workout out (alone or in front of other people) without at least boxer briefs. I need stuff to be kept in its place. I don't much like boxers for that reason...
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No chance in hell I'd stand behind a nude man while he squats

Could you check my form? Butt wink?
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Anyone need a spot?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement. I do not train nude.
    I guess you can't judge a man by his user name. :)
    :D You. You I like. Carry on.

Something about Chicago punk makes me silly.

You just became much more awesomer. Is there a feeling that inhabits the space between like and love? Because I might be feeling that.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the "why"... WTF is the point???
  • jon2412
    jon2412 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No no no! Sorry, that’s a no from me!

I have no issue with shorts, tracksuits, spandex, leggings even working out in your jeans (but I wouldn’t) on males or females - whatever you are comfortable with - but naked (or mankini) gym workout and that’s something that just can’t be unseen!
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some kind of shock trend. If I'm sweating like a beast why would I want to share that around the gym? It's bad enough people don't wipe their benches as is.
  • Lean59man
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »

0b1ukvdpe9nc.jpg

Assuming you are a man, how would you get in on women-only days?

In disguise. :)
  • USAMcK
    USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wish this country were more body-positive and nudity-friendly, so I am all for it. I wish seeing breasts and behinds wasn't so "icky" for so many adults in the US. Sure could learn a thing or two from our European brothers and sisters. That said, bring your own yoga mat please. :D
  • jamrow35
    jamrow35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The gym in NYC itself is mostly for bodyweight resistance type stuff so no sweaty butt marks on the equipment. I wouldn't be opposed to it personally but I could see how many people would not partake of it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

0b1ukvdpe9nc.jpg

How? I admit it would be hard.

*** sad trombone ***

(I’ll just see myself out, thank,you.)

Oh, God, why did they have to take away the Awesome button???
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

0b1ukvdpe9nc.jpg

How? I admit it would be hard.

*** sad trombone ***

(I’ll just see myself out, thank,you.)

Oh, God, why did they have to take away the Awesome button???
    Ha wish I knew
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    For me it has nothing to do with sexuality or a feeling of disgust or not feeling disgust. I do think the idea of a nude gym is gross for the germs factor.

most of the comments have been on the 'visuals' level though. so i see the previous poster's point.

for me personally, i can't see it. see what i did there?

more srsly i'm a little sensory-integration challenged, so yeah. just taking my shoes off does weird things to me because of all the extra input suddenly flooding into my brain from my feet. i get sort of loopy and statick-y. so i don't even know what would happen if i tried to lift without being safely swaddled.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    It 's really no big deal. Once you get rid of the clothes and overcome your cloth bound insecurities, it's all pretty routine & boring.

I belong to a clothing optional club - - have for decades - - and sometimes work out in their gym.

Basic hygiene at such clubs requires the use of towels to sit on everywhere, not just in the gym. You also certainly wouldn' t want to run w/o a bra or jock strap depending on your gender. Shouldn't violate any rules if you do.

Other common sense rules of comfort and hygiene would also apply.

Yes, I used to go to clothing optional events and everyone did indeed get (or bring) a towel and was expected to sit on it. I also went to a clothing optional beach for many years. It is a bit odd at first, but I got used to it, and it did indeed become mostly routine and boring. However, I loved not having to sit around in a wet bathing suit! And I've always loved swimming naked.

While I am clothing-optional experienced and friendly, I'm not crazy about the idea of working out in a gym naked.

I've practiced yoga naked at home before. I can't remember why I stopped, but since I did, I must not have liked it for some reason. I find the idea of working out in a gym naked even less appealing.
  • Lean59man
    Options
    The Puritan ethic is strong.

A man can walk around with no shirt but a woman can't.

Makes no sense.