Need help with "Maintain my current weight" setting!

Options
Hey all, only my third or fourth post!

I have come a long way since February 11...On that date, I weighed 222, measured 5'9" and was only 18..I was obese and unhealthy....HOWEVER, Now I weigh 154 pounds, and I am healthier than ever.

I'm starting to become obsessed with weight loss and keep telling myself "Just 5 more pounds, just 5 more pounds"...I know this is the beginning of a very dangerous and unhealthy habit...SO, my question to you all is: How accurate is MFP's "Maintain" setting?

I have this HUGE fear that if I start eating around 2300 calories a day (the amount that MFP recommends me at) that I'll just put all my weight back on.

Anybody have any suggestions or encouraging words for me to finally conclude my weight loss and maintain this weight I'm at now?

Replies

• B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    I read a post on this somewhere (just search for maintaining) and someone had the suggestion of increasing your caloric intake a little bit at a time until you reach the MFP "maintain" amount
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success to date! Maintaining mode should have you eating what you burn each day, no calorie deficit built in for losing weight. As long as you put in your current weight and that you want to maintain, it should be accurate. Keep an eye on the scale every week or so and make sure, though. If you start to gain or lose weight, adjust your calorie goal manually until you're at "the sweet spot."
  • deknocker0410
    Options
    I read a post on this somewhere (just search for maintaining) and someone had the suggestion of increasing your caloric intake a little bit at a time until you reach the MFP "maintain" amount

Thanks! New to the whole forum thing so I forgot to search first! :P
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options

Thanks! New to the whole forum thing so I forgot to search first! :P

haha no problem... took me like 4 months after joining to go to the forums