Anyone morbidly obese?

Replies

• ashleyg960
    ashleyg960 Posts: 3 Member
    Me too! I’m starting again!! I’m hoping to lose 100lbs this year
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I used to be. I was 215 pounds and 4' 11.75". I lost 100 pounds using MFP and am now maintaining within the optimal weight range for my height.
  • I'm 5'3" and over 400 pounds.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I use to weigh over 333lbs

Praying for you all, don't ever give up, take it one moment at a time and build momentum with each pound!

One of my favorite quotes from a Led Zeppelin song

Yes there are 2 paths you can go down, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road your on

• Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    I started at 215lbs at 5' tall. It's taken 3 years of ups and downs. But, I'm finally at a good BMI.

You can do this. Don't give up. It'll take patience and time.... Just keep going.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    I can relate, I am 5' 3 212 I am 2 points from morbidly obese. About 4 years ago I lost 100 lbs I have gained half of that weight back. I am back on track trying to make some changes, I think a good portion of my weight gain has been from drinking and anxiety. I am a nervous eater. I have been focused for the last month enough to go to the gym. This month I am going to add changing my food habits and changing the way I deal with anxiety I wont fix it with food or alcohol. I find having people that are in the same situation helps. You got this, one minute at a time, one day at a time, small changes then add to it. It took a while for us to get here its gonna take a while to get us back to a healthy BMI. Some days will be harder than others but get right back up and continue on and don't beat your self up... Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    salleymo wrote: »
    Ugh, 5"8 and about 280....heaviest i've ever been. Let's get it done this year!

I can relate I said the same thing, this month. The last time I was 212 I was pregnant. Ummm that ship has sailed... LOL Yes lets get this done!!! enough with the madness...
  • FittnessWorld
    FittnessWorld Posts: 13 Member
    Im selena im 249 pounds and im 5'1 ... Add me if ya want
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Myself as well. I'm under the obese category at 250 and 5'9". I started this lifestyle (again) back in September. Dropped 40 by Christmas and after Christmas and New Years festivities, I had a small set back. Got back on it today. We can do this! Everyone send me a friend request if you like!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    312 here. Lost 30 pounds since July and in 6 months I'm undergoing gastric bypass surgery for some medical reasons. I started at 339.9. If anyone wants to add me you can
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    I was in that category when I started getting healthy five years ago,
    In 2013 I was 65 yo, weighed 376 and 5’8”,

Now BMI is Overweight, I weigh 187.8#
    Ihave Lost 188.4#
    I will be 70 yo in February
    I have been on WW and use MFP as a social media support group. We have Guys on a Diet ( GoaD)page on MFP
  • ellisclay2013
    ellisclay2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all I am lorraine 5’3 just weighed yesterday and at 260 crazy crazy any support would be appreciated feel free to add me
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Hey guys I’m 5’3 370 gotta start sometime right
  • immz35
    immz35 Posts: 62 Member
    Hi guys, around 250lbs here.. Please feel free to add me up. Need all the help I can get..
  • kwiris0328
    kwiris0328 Posts: 51 Member
    I just joined yesterday and I'm reading this. I'll be 40 in March and I'm going to do it this time! I'm definetly looking for all the support and help I can get. I had to order a new scale because mine only went up to 250 and I'm now waaayyyy over that. I could just cry about it, but I have to start somewhere I guess.
  • clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    5'7" and 370 lbs at age 49. Have changed a lot about how i eat. Will be a long process for me. Add me if anyone wants.
  • Hello! I am. Im 5'10 and 380 lbs. You can add me if you would like. I am brand new to MFP so im still learning the ropes lol.
  • jsian5212
    jsian5212 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm new too and also learning the ropes! I'm 5'5" (I lost an inch! How does that happen?) and 246 lbs. Just turned 65 in December and if I'm gonna do it the time is now. I want to get rid of the high blood pressure and other problems.
  • amyjeaninga
    amyjeaninga Posts: 36 Member
    Yep. BMI is 44.3. 5'0 and 227lbs. Lost 40 lbs a few years back and for whatever reason didn't stick with it and gained most of it back. Have started walking some, am going to get the equipment for strength training this weekend. Here's to a healthier 2018, best of luck to you all - feel free to add me as a friend!
  • CallMeRu
    CallMeRu Posts: 33 Member
    I used to be. I am 5 feet tall and weighed somewhere around 300 pounds at one time. Patience and persistance will get you to your goal! Good luck!