Tall Waitress kissed me on lips

Options
Workout4Health
Workout4Health Posts: 447 Member
Does this mean she likes me? She’s a friendly waitress at the bar. A little older but talks to a lot of people. She walked close to me and I tipped her 20 bucks. She hugged me and kissed me in the lips, got lipstick on me. Does this mean I should make a move?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter that she's tall?
  • novamagma
    novamagma Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    lol @ the tall comment.
    Hitting on people while they're at work is tricky because while they're on the clock it's hard for them to say no, even if they want to, which even well-meaning can make people uncomfortable. I figure if she's interested she'll approach you
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Did you tip her $20 on a $250 tab or was it a $20 tip on a $40 tab? If you want to connect with her on a personal level you'll have to be prepared to support her at the level of the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed. There's a certain sensitivity and savvy that this requires, which does not include enquiries about second cousins, IP investigations, doing favors for ungrateful friends, the subtle nuances of Facebook etiquette nor a side interest in strippers who aren't quite 5'10". But my sense is your development is open ended and forward moving, so there's that.

All I had was a Red Bull. I only tipped like a buck but later on she came around and we talked for a minute off to the side. I handle her a 20 and she gave me a big fat kiss on the lips. You can't say she does that for all customers can you?

sounds like you essentially paid her $20 for a kiss. My guess is you don't repulse her so a kiss is on the table but this doesn't mean she is attracted to you.

I think you may be reading too much into it. If she kissed you with out you paying her $20, that would be a whole different story.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I recommend never hit on someone at work.

They have to be nice as part of customer service and are more than likely treating you nice because you are a customer, just gave them $20 and would like more business/money.

Let them ask you out.

Or roll the dice, ask them out and run the risk of making it awkward/embarrassing every time you go to the bar. But I am leaning toward them being good at customer service rather than interested in you.

Were they a cousin of yours? is this the cousin you like?

No she's not a cousin. So you're saying 20 bucks is enough to get kissed on the lips? She just kisses all guys? She has to be a little attracted to me if she kissed me on the lips right? It was a fat kiss! Not just a dinky one.

$20 is enough for a lot of things if someone is desperate. Not sure how much people are paid where you are but $20 to a barmaid might be a lot.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Did you tip her $20 on a $250 tab or was it a $20 tip on a $40 tab? If you want to connect with her on a personal level you'll have to be prepared to support her at the level of the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed. There's a certain sensitivity and savvy that this requires, which does not include enquiries about second cousins, IP investigations, doing favors for ungrateful friends, the subtle nuances of Facebook etiquette nor a side interest in strippers who aren't quite 5'10". But my sense is your development is open ended and forward moving, so there's that.

All I had was a Red Bull. I only tipped like a buck but later on she came around and we talked for a minute off to the side. I handle her a 20 and she gave me a big fat kiss on the lips. You can't say she does that for all customers can you?

yeah, you paid her for a kiss...

ew
  • Merkavar
    Options

They have to be nice as part of customer service and are more than likely treating you nice because you are a customer, just gave them $20 and would like more business/money.

Let them ask you out.

Or roll the dice, ask them out and run the risk of making it awkward/embarrassing every time you go to the bar. But I am leaning toward them being good at customer service rather than interested in you.

No she's not a cousin. So you're saying 20 bucks is enough to get kissed on the lips? She just kisses all guys? She has to be a little attracted to me if she kissed me on the lips right? It was a fat kiss! Not just a dinky one.

$20 is enough for a lot of things if someone is desperate. Not sure how much people are paid where you are but $20 to a barmaid might be a lot.

But she's an attractive girl. You think just getting 20 bucks is enough for a full blown kiss on the lips?

maybe she is just friendly, had a few drinks herself, maybe she doesn't think kissing is that big of a deal. maybe $20 is actually a lot of money for her.

I just feel there are a lot more reasons for her kissing you after paying her $20, other than she wants to go out with you.

But feel free, ask her out, maybe don't ask her out at work, wait till after her shift, or before it.

But like i said, it seems dicey to ask out someone at their place of employment.
  • Merkavar
    Options

Let them ask you out.

But she's an attractive girl. You think just getting 20 bucks is enough for a full blown kiss on the lips?

maybe she is just friendly, had a few drinks herself, maybe she doesn't think kissing is that big of a deal. maybe $20 is actually a lot of money for her.

I just feel there are a lot more reasons for her kissing you after paying her $20, other than she wants to go out with you.

But feel free, ask her out, maybe don't ask her out at work, wait till after her shift, or before it.

But like i said, it seems dicey to ask out someone at their place of employment.

If a girl gave you 20 bucks, would you kiss them on the lips?

Depends on the girl. But I guess so.

But you say she is attractive and you claim that other girls have found you attractive. so thats why i said that you probably don't repulse her, so she is willing to kiss you. But that doesnt mean she wants anything more.

again, risky and dicey to be going after her, especially if your only relationship with her is as a customer.

But feel free. I am just some random on the internet, you got to live your own life. date your 2nd cousin, only date tall women, what ever floats your boat.
  • johndolan3139
    johndolan3139 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just go in and ask her out, you will never know if you never try. If she hums and haws and gives some bad excuse, then it means she is not interested, and not want to hurt your feelings.

Be brave and go for it, what's the worst that can happen ?