How did you pick your user name?

Options
As I go through all the different sections and threads of MFP, I find myself wondering how some of you came up with your names. Some of them are hilarious, and others have me shaking my head. So, I thought this could be a fun thread to see how people came up with their user names. If you would like to participate, just explain how you chose the name you did. Whether there's a funny story behind it, or you just wanted to be different, let us hear it.

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Amy is my first name and teacake is a nickname that I had in school. My dad and two brothers have also had this nickname when going through school, it's basically like a family nickname at this point.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I wasn't actually the first.

I've found that the vast majority of people who put a 2-digit number at the tail end of their username are denoting their birth year. That makes you 28, @BlaqueDiamond1989

To edit your post, hover your cursor over your post. Within an hour of posting, you will see a little gear in the upper right of your post. Selecting the gear allows you to choose to edit your post, and also tells you how much time remains in your edit window.
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    BlaqueDiamond1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I will start first. Blaque Diamond is my pen name. I am an author, so that is the name I write under. The 1989 is the year I was born, so I just put them together. On most social media networks, I am known as Blaque Diamond, so it was a no-brainer to use it on here. It's kind of my alter-ego, especially with the type of stuff I write. LOL. But the name also has signifigant meaning to me because of my life's experiences.
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    Options

I've found that the vast majority of people who put a 2-digit number at the tail end of their username are denoting their birth year. That makes you 28, @BlaqueDiamond1989

Yes, you are correct. No fair! How were you able to edit your post? I have been searching up and down for a way to edit posts, and I can't find a way.
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    Options
    My last name starts with Prune so i dropped the last three letters and made it juice.

I like that name even though I'm not a fan of prune juice. LOL.
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    Options
    Wanted something clever, yet very generic and nondescript.

LOL. It is definitely an oxymoron.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am a huge John Mellencamp fan and randomly picked 2000
  • giant_bug
    giant_bug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was going for something menacing and cute at the same time. How'd I do?
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    giant_bug wrote: »

I want to build you a little school for beetles who can post very good
  • CalvinatorF
    CalvinatorF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My name is John Calvin but people started calling my calvinator lol
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »
    giant_bug wrote: »

I want to build you a little school for beetles who can post very good

Ewww! And also creepy. LOL. Bugs. Ugghh!
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    Options

To edit your post, hover your cursor over your post. Within an hour of posting, you will see a little gear in the upper right of your post. Selecting the gear allows you to choose to edit your post, and also tells you how much time remains in your edit window.

Oh ok. I see where I can edit the actual post, but not a comment.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It was randomly generated.
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I look at the world through different eyes. I look for metaphors in everything. I look for hidden meanings in things that people usually don't think about. I don't know if that has to do with me being an artistic soul and a pure feel-er, but I live for this sphere. People think I'm nuts sometimes, indeed I am from time to time, but that's the label when you're a soulful human being in a world full of rather limited folks. People mistake my love for spending time alone for loneliness, so they think I'm imprisoned by it. I love my "cell" — there I can enjoy the sorrow and despair, muahaha. I tend to think on the microscopic level, so naturally I love cells. Corneocytes not so much because they don't have nucleus *cough* soul *cough*, but they desquamate anyway. I think I should stop now.
  • Find_Me_Again
    Find_Me_Again Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've been on a journey of trying to find myself. It says again, but I'm not sure I really know who I am/ever really was. Meh.